Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo Director 3 Beta
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying this Beta and very impressed with the processing options.

However I added another folder with photos in it, but I cannot see the photos, it just keep saying "no photos selected " even though the folder says there are 29 !

I can see the first folder and the photos, but I cannot see the photos from any of the other folders I have added.

What an I doing wrong ????? Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
[Post New]
Hello kingsmeadow,

Welcome to the forum & I'm glad you're finding some of the good features of PhotoDirector. I've used a number of moderately serious pieces of photoworkflow software & I think it stacks up well. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

When you say you receive a message, "No photos selected", are you talking about at the import stage? Funnily, I went to import a folder - not containing camera images - recently & wondered why PhD saw nothing there. They were in .png format! Incompatible format. Don't tell anyone, please.

Maybe you're not referring to importing. Were you selecting a folder you'd already imported?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello kingsmeadow,

Welcome to the forum & I'm glad you're finding some of the good features of PhotoDirector. I've used a number of moderately serious pieces of photoworkflow software & I think it stacks up well. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

When you say you receive a message, "No photos selected", are you talking about at the import stage? Funnily, I went to import a folder - not containing camera images - recently & wondered why PhD saw nothing there. They were in .png format! Incompatible format. Don't tell anyone, please.

Maybe you're not referring to importing. Were you selecting a folder you'd already imported?

PIX

Thanks for your support.

The folders import just fine, but when I click on the folder, no photos appear, it just shows the message in the center, " no photos selected "

In the meantime I decided to try the current trial version,,,and it works perfectly ! My guess is that the Beta has stopped working. Although it claims to have 67 days yet to go. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
[Post New]
Isn't it nice - we're all newbies!

Interesting. I was still able to use the Beta version after the official test period had ended.

I can't explain what would have caused that alert. Anyway, no skin off. It's working for you now.

Have you tried out the People Beautifier under Edit? It's a good way to win hearts!!!

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2012 16:02

PIX YouTube channel
kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote:
Have you tried out the People Beautifier under Edit? It's a goog way to win hearts!!!

PIX

Cool !

I just tried an experiment..uninstalled the trial, re-installed the Beta,,,and it works again, perfectly,,so,,,in theory, I have another 67 days to experiment, Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,