Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create disk page hanging at 30%
GeoffwBA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2010 13:05 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PD8 and recently the program has been generally slowing down quite noticeably. I can create a project but when it comes to the create disk stage, the message initializing module appears but this screen then hangs at 30%. I am happy that my graphics card is capable of working with PD as I have in the past created DVDs without too much trouble. Would it be worth upgrading to PD12? I am using Vista Home Premium and have 3mb ram installed. My graphics card is an Nvidia GEForce 8600GTS
Gordon 7 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Jan 29, 2012 15:45 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Geoff
I'm no expert but I've seen this problem of produce sticking on other pages of this forum. The general advice is to look at what's on your timeline at 30%. It might be something PD can't process, like a faulty transition, a photo that needs reducing in size or a corrupt file. That bit might need re-editing or cutting. It might be easier to test a re-edit by producing straight to documents - I don't create discs.

It won't help if your PC is slowing due to disc and registry clogging or fragmentation. 'Ccleaner' is a good free PC cleaner.
'Auslogics' is a free defragmenter.

As for upgrading to PD10 (there is no PD12), it seems to need a high power PC. I tried the PD10 trial (which is not a full feature version) and found it more unstable and a bit slower on my PC - 32 bit, AMD 5000+ dual core,
Radeon 4600 graphics, 4 gig ram, Vista HP. This is not high spec and it doesn't look like yours is, unless you have a more
powerful CPU and 64 bit. You could try the trial. I didn't find it much different for the basic editing I do.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 22. 2012 17:11

Gordon