Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Font Size
[Post New]
I am new to Cyberlink Powerdirector and having a bit of trouble making the font size larger than 72. I was trying to follow the tutorial "Creating a 3D Image Cube by PDtoot and he seems to be using an image size of 127..........see here:
http://www.scottylive.com/images/127.jpg
While I was able to complete the tutorial successfully, my rotating cube is much smaller than that in the PDtoot youtube video. So how can I make that font size bigger so that the image displays larger?
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am new to Cyberlink Powerdirector and having a bit of trouble making the font size larger than 72. I was trying to follow the tutorial "Creating a 3D Image Cube by PDtoot and he seems to be using an image size of 127..........see here:
While I was able to complete the tutorial successfully, my rotating cube is much smaller than that in the PDtoot youtube video. So how can I make that font size bigger so that the image displays larger?

When you open up the Title Designer, select the font that has your "square shape", I used "Web Dings Regular Font"....Select your "Square Shape", in my font it was the letter "G" on my keyboard...then select(highlight) this shape in the text box in the preview window of Title Designer and then manually input a font size number (up to 127, that is the biggest) into the font size input field, then hit the "Enter" key and you should now have the largest size available, (127). You won't find this in the default size drop down menu(which is 72).

See Screenshot. Make note of where you can see the "127 input"

It is a great little trick to make that animated cube that Cranston made!!

Good Luck,

Kevin
[Thumb - Font Size.PNG]
 Filename
Font Size.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
238 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
320 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 19. 2012 21:18

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi gskywalkers -

The first question is which font are you using to generate your cube?

127 is the limit in PD (as you know), but 127 in one font isn't the same as 127 in another. Here are some examples of fonts (127 point) on my system... showing relative sizes

If you go to Character Map & search for U+25A0 (that's the Unicode key), you can copy & paste that black square into PD's Title Designer... select it then try out different fonts to get the size you want.

Cranston, who made that inventive tutorial, also designed a square font specifically for the purpose. CP - do you think I should post my rotating cube example here???

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I am new to Cyberlink Powerdirector and having a bit of trouble making the font size larger than 72. I was trying to follow the tutorial "Creating a 3D Image Cube by PDtoot and he seems to be using an image size of 127..........see here:

When you open up the Title Designer, select the font that has your "square shape", I used "Wed Dings Regular Font"....Select your "Square Shape", in my font it was the letter "G" on my keyboard...then select(highlight) this shape in the text box in the preview window of Title Designer and then manually input a font size number (up to 127, that is the biggest) into the font size input field, then hit the "Enter" key and you should now have the largest size available, (127). You won't find this in the default size drop down menu(which is 72).

See Screenshot. Make note of where you can see the "127 input"

It is a great little trick to make that animated cube that Cranston made!!

Good Luck,

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I will give that a try
[Post New]
Quote: Hi gskywalkers -

The first question is which font are you using to generate your cube?

127 is the limit in PD (as you know), but 127 in one font isn't the same as 127 in another. Here are some examples of fonts (127 point) on my system... showing relative sizes

If you go to Character Map & search for U+25A0 (that's the Unicode key), you can copy & paste that black square into PD's Title Designer... select it then try out different fonts to get the size you want.

Cranston, who made that inventive tutorial, also designed a square font specifically for the purpose. CP - do you think I should post my rotating cube example here???

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony, thanks for all the information, it is very helpful. I used a square font in wingdings and was able to make the font larger than 72. It all turned out pretty much the way I wanted it except that the fade in is too slow. You can have a look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAHYnqJVvac&feature=youtu.be
JohnyB1951 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2012 04:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I am so new to this. how do i get a square font to make a cube on powerdirector 10 am new to this . need to download a square Font box and 4 cubes square. can any body help me
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Johny -

Have you watched the tutorial yet? http://youtu.be/fjDToL23h3c

Do you have any of the fonts shown above on your system?

If it's yes & yes, you're good to go.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!