Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MPEG2 - Component activation
raw shooter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2011 13:32 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
With my PowerDirector 10, I now get a message of MPEG2 - Component activation when I try to burn a disc.
When I click activate, I get the message " Codec activation unsucessful. The program's serial number is invalid".

I have sent in all the files they requested from my PC, my product serial number - everything without response from Cyberlink.
Cyberlink can't or won't even try to solve the problem, I have even paid for upgraded phone support without actually getting any phone support or a solution to this problem.
I am now left with a software that doesn't work. PowerDirector 10 is now useless. Cyberlink has totally failed with their support.
Another problem is the 'custom menus' that I have created. My clients love them - but Cyberlink has no method to backup the custom menus for a total re-install.
My last hope is that someone on the forum has had this problem and solved it on their own. Any help would be much appreciated.
Greg
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Did you get the download Version? If you did the confirmation email will have the activations code there is 2-3 and some are a different format than PD 10 Serial # the are in the format of 'AVcVcFg5gC.....' like a check sum code.
Hope I got that right
jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
raw shooter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Did you get the download Version? If you did the confirmation email will have the activations code there is 2-3 and some are a different format than PD 10 Serial # the are in the format of 'AVcVcFg5gC.....' like a check sum code.
Hope I got that right
jim

Thanks Jim,
No I just got the regular Serial Number/Activation Key. 6 groups of 5 numbers/letters. I don't see anything on my Cyberlink emails with AvcVcFg...... I don't have anything like that at all.

All I received was this single Serial number and links to download the program and packs.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
OK go to 'Cyberlink' support page and look under Your products...registration keys there should be a list of you registration keys for all programs you have purchased....see if they key you tried using matches the keys listed...highlight the appropriate key and copy then paste that into the registration screen...some times it takes a couple of tries..
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

raw shooter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again Jim,
I am logged into my account on the Support page, but my keys are not listed.

What is the 'registration screen'? I can't find it in my program.
Thanks for all your help!
James1
[Post New]
hi ,
Ok go to cyberlink support home page, then go to customer support, on the left there is a menu system and at the bottom there is a link to 'My registered product' when you get to that screen the main screen will have two tabs MANAGE MY PRODUCTS AND Nanage my cd-keys, go to the cd keys screen and your registered products should be there.
JIm Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

raw shooter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again Jim,
Yes, I have found the CD-Keys section. On all of the keys say "Trial". None of the keys have my account information listed.
Any other ideas? Really appreciate your time and effort.
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
Well that is the extent of my knowledge, I upgraded my computer last year and didn't back up my downloaded programs purchased and also neglected to get extended download, but when I submitted a ticket including my purchase info Cybeleink e-mailed links to re-download some of my purchases within 2 days.
Maybe try getting through a ticket.
jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

raw shooter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Jim,

I have already opened 2 tickets. That just doesn't get anything solved, unfortunately.
Thanks again for your help - hope you have a great weekend!
Greg
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Did you purchase your Powerdirector from one of these dealers or Cyberlink?

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/regional-stores/enu/index.jsp

If you did not buy from an official dealer, you probably have a pirated version. If that is so, there is no support for your product.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

raw shooter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Did you purchase your Powerdirector from one of these dealers or Cyberlink?

If you did not buy from an official dealer, you probably have a pirated version. If that is so, there is no support for your product.

I bought my copy directly from Cyberlink - right here on this website. PowerDirector version 9 & 10 bought here online at Cyberlink. No second parties involved.
Really frustrating to have these problems when everything is so transparent. Cyberlink has all my data, credit card transactions, tickets opened - just everything. I still get zero help from the support department.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Did you purchase your Powerdirector from one of these dealers or Cyberlink?

I bought my copy directly from Cyberlink - right here on this website. PowerDirector version 9 & 10 bought here online at Cyberlink. No second parties involved.
Really frustrating to have these problems when everything is so transparent. Cyberlink has all my data, credit card transactions, tickets opened - just everything. I still get zero help from the support department.

Do you have the email sent to you with the download information?
If so, that is the proof you need for Cyberlink support.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

raw shooter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl,
Cyberlink knows that I am a good customer and they know I bought the software properly - that's not the question. My software is broken and they can't/won't do anything to help with the problem. The support department have 2 open tickets on my problem and they still don't contact me with any solutions. They just don't help.
On my end, I can't burn disks - so my production is stopped. That's the problem.
I'm obviously going to have to find a solution outside of Cyberlink. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Carl,
Cyberlink knows that I am a good customer and they know I bought the software properly - that's not the question. My software is broken and they can't/won't do anything to help with the problem. The support department have 2 open tickets on my problem and they still don't contact me with any solutions. They just don't help.
On my end, I can't burn disks - so my production is stopped. That's the problem.
I'm obviously going to have to find a solution outside of Cyberlink. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I have two questions.
1. Can you burn a Folder and not a Disk?
2. What about the PD 10 trial, would that work to get you through your current project?

If you can burn a disk folder only, there is free software online to burn disks.

raw shooter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,
I do have some titles in burn folders - so those aren't a problem. The titles without burn floders are the problem.
My current software situation doesn't allow a folder burn either. Nothing, just the 'MPEG2 Component Activation' question followed by disabled software. At this point, I'm stuck. Some titles are unavailible.

Thanks for your reply and yes I do use another software for just burning the disks.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Carl,
I do have some titles in burn folders - so those aren't a problem. The titles without burn floders are the problem.
My current software situation doesn't allow a folder burn either. Nothing, just the 'MPEG2 Component Activation' question followed by disabled software. At this point, I'm stuck. Some titles are unavailible.

Thanks for your reply and yes I do use another software for just burning the disks.

Have you tried a complete un-install and re-install?

Instructions are in Part C.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

There are several links that you follow to get all of the information.
The important one is the one about complete removal of all three programs, and the PD10 version of CLcleaner.

When you install, install the downloaded PD10 installations files, CD Key, activate components, before any Patch.
When you first start the program, it asks for the CD Key, Copy that key from your Email and paste into the text box of PD. Do not just type in the Key, that is error prone. And may the source of your current problem.

Activate components by putting the sample files on timeline, then produce all formats, AVCHD, Mpeg2, Create disk.
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=12834&prodId=4&prodVerId=930

After you have the program activated, then install any patch.

That is my best guess of how to solve your Component activation problem.

raw shooter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl,
Yes, I may need to do that - but have avoided that solution because of my 'custom' menus that I have created for my Blu ray and DVDs. There appears to be no way to save those menus or transfer them to another PowerDirector installation.

I'm getting to the point that a new install may be the only way forward.

Thanks for all your help and appreciate the effort.
All my best, Greg
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Custom Profile Templates are NOT removed when you uninstall PD:
Located Here: C:\Users\PCName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\10.0
Custom Menu are NOT removed with an uninstall, they are located: C:\Users\PCName\Documents\CyberLink\Custom Menus
Other: C:\Users\PCName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\10.0

Please check.

Dafydd
raw shooter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Custom Profile Templates are NOT removed when you uninstall PD:
Located Here: C:\Users\PCName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\10.0
Custom Menu are NOT removed with an uninstall, they are located: C:\Users\PCName\Documents\CyberLink\Custom Menus
Other: C:\Users\PCName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\10.0

Please check.

Dafydd

Well that's great news! BTW, the phone support people don't know that information.
Thanks, because if that is accurate, then my next step is a uninstall/reinstall.

Appreciate the time to reply to my thread.
Grehg
Carl312
[Post New]
I think I would back up the data in the folders that Dafydd gave you.
Then do the Uninstall/Install.