Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Playing 3D Blu-Ray using a PC, Mitsubishi WD-82740 & NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 video card
zzkz2012 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2012 11:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Playing 3D Blu-Ray using a PC, Mitsubishi WD-82740 & NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 video card

Please HELP. I want to use my (Win 7/64-bit/Intel i3) PC to play commercial Blu-Ray 3D DVD disk movies (like Lion King). My PC (which has a Blu-Ray player) is directly connected to my TV (Mitsubishi WD-82740 DLP 3D TV) via a HDMI cable. I have both TMT 5 and PowerDVD 11 programs.

I also have a 3D Blu-ray player which is connected to another port on TV and I have no issue playing Lion King in 3D. I want to return it and just use the PC to play 3D Blu-Ray. The Lion King works fine from the PC but it is only in 2D. The TMT5/PowerDVD have options for automatic/side-by-side/up-down for 3D contents but I don’t see option for frame packing which I heard commercial 3D Blu-Ray use. My TV is a 3D TV (in addition to checkerboard, it can do side-by-side, up-down, and it is compatible with HDMI 1.4). I also ran the TMT utility that checks my hardware/software/TV capabilities for playing 3D and it tells me my system meets all the requirements. PLEASE HELP… WHAT am I missing and NEED to do to play 3D?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please check the must have read thread, it also contains info about 3D config.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

Important:
- please make sure to use latest drivers
- please make sure to have enabled HdMI 1.4 in 3D vision setup page
- please make sure to have installed latest PowerDVD 11 patches

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Tyomni [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2011 12:31 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
What means it shows 2d? Does it shows spoiled 2d (means 3d only with wrong sightseeng) or just real pure simple 2d? If so means Your lion king is 2d not 3d... Anyway You'd better read that-http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page .