Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why is there no option for noise reduction
cowboyonthe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2012 22:05 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have both versions 3 and 4, plus any updates.

i have 3 computers. I never have more than 1 copy of youcam installed. However i have been trying to install on different machines, and then deleting the version on the old machine. Im doin this as im not sure which computer to use as my main one. If i could actually get your software to install correctly then id prob stick with that one. I also have 4 webcams, HD ones, logitech, creative, micosoft etc. Its the same trying all the cams. No noise reduction option is just not there!!!!
Soooo, basically ive done a lot of installing. Find out it hasnt installed correctly as the features you advertise aint there!
And lost count of the installs and then uninstalls.
It did work ok a couple of times some months back when i installed, i used to have the option of noise reduction which was great as my cam pic was very grainy.
But why has that option disappeared when uninstalling and then installing again on another computer?
Sometimes i also have sliders with the text missing showing what they are for ie brightness etc and some sliders never show up at all after installation.
The only reason i chose your software was due to the noise reduction feature.
Why does it vanish? i have purchased your software twice.
I have also tried the trial of version 5.0, again the noise reduction slider is totally missing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2012 22:21

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

no issue here.

press the "TT" button - this is the "eye" on the left side right below the Video preview

then anable TT functions

now you can use the slider for noise reduction.

BR
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
cowboyonthe [Avatar]
[Post New]
No i cant! i am aware that i need to press the 'eye' . I am aware i need to tick on true theatre to enable functions.
However if you read my post , there is no option under true theatre for the noise reductions. Its totally missing. Other sliders dont have their name above them, just a slider. But the noise reduction slider is totally missing.
Is that clear enough? The option is not there!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

it sounds like issue on your platform.

please check the YouCam must have read thread

thanks!
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
cowboyonthe [Avatar]
[Post New]
There is another issue which i realised later and posted under a sperate heading.
But i am not able to use a resolution above 320x240
Every other higher resolution in youcam has (snapshot only) listed next to it.
I have 4 webcams. Clearly its not a problem with my webcam
Have you reduced the functionality in my program at all? Is this anything to do with uninstalling and reinstalling a lot?
Then again when i tried the trial of youcam 5, it was exactly the same, no option to use resolutions higher than 320x240. And the options for noise reduction are totally missing. And on one install , the brightness options were missing too along with contrast.

320x240 would have been great in 1996. However things habe moved on slightly since then