Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MVC 3D depth issue
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
I have been doing some experiments with PD10 and depth issues.

If I produce a 3D clip in SBS and view it in PowerDVD10 the depth is perfect.

If I produce an H.264 Mpeg4 3D Clip and view it in PowerDVD10 the depth is almost completely lost !

I have experimented with about 6 different clips and exactly the same situation happens each time.

Either I am doing something completely stupid or I have a problem.

I wonder if anyone else has tried this or does not have this problem.

I am very anxious to resolve this issue. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
JustinBuser6578856878856 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2012 10:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
That's because Power Director 10 doesn't create MVC streams correctly, the reason you're losing all of your depth is that you're only looking at the left stream. A true h.264 MVC encoded mp4 only has 1 stream that contains both views, whereas Power Director encoded files have two separate streams. The first stream is the left view, typically encoded as High@4.1, the second is actually Stereo High but only contains the right view which completely negates the point of MVC.

You can see what I'm talking about using MediaInfo (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net), here's a sample of the MediaInfo output from a properly formatted BD3D ssif file (which is what 3D Bluray players render movies from):

Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 449 MiB
Duration : 1mn 56s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 32.3 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 32.0 Mbps

Video
ID : 4114 (0x1012)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Stereo High@L4.1
MultiView_Count : 2

Then this is what you'd get from PD:

Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 220 MiB
Duration : 1mn 56s
Overall bit rate : 15.9 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 40.0 Mbps

Video #1
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Format profile : High@L4.0

Video #2
ID : 4114 (0x1012)
Format profile : Stereo High@L4.0
MultiView_Count : 2

This is totally wrong, I haven't actually taken the chance of wasting a Blank Bluray to see if a BD3D would actually play this crap but I'm guessing it would probably be $15 down the tubes.
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for that inf,,quite interesting actually.

...and you are correct in that I was only viewing one image. I have now managed to get it done and I can say that the 3D produced is very good, for what I want.

By the way, instead of wasting discs I invested in re-writeable, both 25 and 50 Gbytes and it has proved to be a good investment. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready