Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Parts of the video freeze up in editor and other video players
JHBlancs [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Atlanta, Georgia Joined: Dec 22, 2011 23:36 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, this is my first video editing in PD version 10. I'd hate to be a pain, but for the last two days, The video would freeze up on different clips of the whole movie.
-the audio would continue as if nothing had happened, but the video would lock up on the first frame of the clip.
-I use MP4 files pulled off a Samsung SMX-F34RN/XAA to make this video.
-I put several fix/enhance features on all of my clips: Stabilizer and video/audio denoise, and Video enhancement
-This problem occurs in PD10 itself, WMP, VLC player, DivX, and online, on Youtube.
-the clips the video would freeze on seems completely random, with no rhyme or reason.

This is my first video made using PD10, and I used Windows Live Movie Maker before this. It may just be an issue where i missed something while reading the guide, or I am missing something entirely. I would love closure on this sooner than later, but there's no urgency to this, other than impatience.

Thanks for your time,
-JHBlancs
 Filename
JHBlancsDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
My diagnostic
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
457 time(s)
short, sweet, and to the contrary
Harvey1960 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2011 00:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same trouble. I'm just trying to complete my first project and I've had nothing but trouble. When I try to preview my timeline the video freezes up and gets out of sink with the audio. I turned off everything but the track I was working on and set to low resolution on the preview and got it edited. When I went to burn to disc or to my hard drive it did the same thing. I was able to finally get a good dvd done by saving to my hard drive then go directly to create disc and burn two in a row. The first one was bad but the second one was ok. I feel like it leaves temp. files the first time and helps on the second one, I don't know but it got my video done. I'm still trying to get a good copy to my hard drive or uploaded to YouTube. I have the required processor (Pentium 4 3.06) and 3 gig of ram and over a 100 gig of hard drive. I have a nvidia video card on the way that has 1 gig built into the card, I hope this fixes it. If not what do I do? Thanks ?
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jhblancs,
I read you Dxdiag file and to my knowledge you system isn't powerful enough to run Pd10 Properly, not enough memory...
video editing takes oodles and oodles of cpu poser and memory..
it could manage standard definition videos with limit effects but not Hi def...maybe break your video into smaller productions.
Jim
p.s same for you Harvey..3GB memory is barely enough...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 26. 2011 01:19

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
Try turning down the screen resolution in the media viewer to high or normal. Once you produce the movie those skips and synch issues likely won't be there. It's just in the editing phase you notice them. Computer resources, as James points out, is the reason for them
JHBlancs [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Atlanta, Georgia Joined: Dec 22, 2011 23:36 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, i just bought 3 more gigs of RAM. guess which numbskull forgot to think "hey, this requires 3 gigs of ram... and i have 3 gigs of ram..."
Thanks. Course, now i'm gonna run out and grab a 64-bit OS, so i can USE the 6 gigs... i get the feeling i'm gonna need to just buy a new box.. short, sweet, and to the contrary
JvB18 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2012 00:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings,

Same problem here but not so random. I tried removing most of the fades and burned to hard drive (have wasted too many disks) but the video froze while the audio continued for that segment. Next segment ran fine. Video is 1 hour and accummulated up to 15 frozen segments. Any suggestion welcome.

Dell Vostro 460
Win7 Professional
Registered version Delux 10.0.0.1129b
1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 53
8GB RAM
Intel Core i7
FilipeBras10 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2012 07:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem to!

I do 3 videos, one of them very important , birthday of my sun, next i burn to a dvd, and delet the files, 4gb of videos, bahhhh, yeh im stupid to delet them before i see it, now i just watching the dvd and it crash in some clips...BAHHHHHH
I tried to produce in mp4 files to upload on vimeo and crash to!

Please give me a solution....

I have a good computer, with core duo, 6gb of Ram, and normally i use the power director 8, always with HD files and never broke.

thanks
and sorry with my inglish!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2012 07:27

PaulMcL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2012 07:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have just bought Power producer and I am having the same issue. In the preview window all runs fine. As soon as I either produce or burn to DVD then I have clips that freeze and the audio contiunes. Probably only difference I have is that my frezze only last for that clip, and goes back to normal when the clip ends. But out of a 50 minute movie I have 14 clips that freeze.

I have tried removing the clips from the project but doesn't make a difference I just get more random clips freezing that where not freezing the first time. I have taken all the same clips and put these in windows movie maker and this produces a DVD with all the same clips but none freeze, so there is some setting or issue I missing with powerproducer.

My system spec
Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.20GHz Black Edition
12 GB Ram
3 X ATI Radeon HD 5850 (trifire)
2TB free HDD space
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
There you go - there's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all explanation for these things...

From the PC specs provided on this page, there are three very obviously different PCs which are exhibiting some similar behaviours with PD...

N.B. The rating above is a rough assessment /10 of the PC's ability to handle video editing, based on performance benchmarks (PassMark)

• JHBlancs - I think your GPU is one of the main contributors to your issue. Updating your driver might help.
• JvB18 - your PC would typically be viewed as a business type machine, capable of some multimedia work
• PaulMcL - your issue is most definitely not hardware related!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!