Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 11 crashes, Error 0102
Hellnbak49 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2011 16:00 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased PowerDVD 11 Standard on Sept 8 2011. Due to circumstances, have not the opportunity to use it until yesterday, and was not happy with the results. Whenever I insert a DVD and attempt to play it with PowerDVD, it crashes and I get the following error message

Cyberlink PowerDVD cannot play back the inserted disc. Make sure your system meets the minimum system requirements. You can find additional information on the Cyberlink FAQ web site - - (Code = 0102)

This happens no matter what DVD I insert. I do not use 3D at all, just normal DVD's.

When I attempt to open Power DVD by itself, it starts to open and then just crashes, no error message, it just crashes and closes.

I have updated to the latest patch. I have searched your site and the internet for any information on Error 0102 and have found nothing.

I have enclosed attachments that will hopefully give you enough information to help me out with this problem.

Thanks

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag Text
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
611 time(s)
[Thumb - Computer Information 1.jpg]
 Filename
Computer Information 1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Computer Information
 Filesize
278 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
611 time(s)
[Thumb - Event Logs.jpg]
 Filename
Event Logs.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Event Logs
 Filesize
111 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
465 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2011 21:40

Hellnbak49 [Avatar]
[Post New]
So nobody else has experienced an Error 0102?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

The crash is caused in Flashplayer module.
Please check:

1. install latest Flashplayer plug-in
2. do you use IE9 ?

br
Michae Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Hellnbak49 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm not sure what you mean by Flashplayer "plugin". I do have the very latest version of Flashplayer though. And I don't use IE at all, strictly Firefox.
Hellnbak49 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry, didn't realize that Flashplayer was considered a plugin. But yes, I do have the very latest version, I installed it after I noticed that the event logs mentioned flash as the faulting module, but it did not solve the problem. Why did you ask if I use IE9?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2011 17:17

Hellnbak49 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Fixed problem, finally had to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash Player. Now that I've got it working I'm very disappointed in the new PowerDVD player, was much happier with the older version on my XP machines, easier to use. You just can't win nowadays, if something can be changed, whether it's for the better or not, it will be changed, just because they can. More wasted money.
Ronald [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2015 12:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Sad...I have used PowerDVD for severs years and now I am going to get my money back and change. The New 15 and Ultra both crash and error 0102 comes up. The support ticket gets answered with a list of technical needs that I must perform on my time and money and one is impossible due to the product crashing. Looks like they released a product that was not ready and cannot fix it. Ron
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2015 17:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I was stuck with 12 via a Dell laptop. I have been using the machine for several months. I purchased it last year.

This software is garbage. I am getting the same error message. I received a pop up to update and then it started crashing all of the time.

It will not download the "fix".

I believe that this is a deliberate bug to force me to upgrade but no way am I going to stick with garbage.
Alain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2016 17:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Power dvd 12 and 11 not compatible with windows 10