Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dual-Stream AVI
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
The features for PD10 says it imports Dual-Stream AVI. What is that? I can not find a definition for it. One description seems to suggest that it is a separate left/right video, but in another thread Dafydd said that CyberLink does not consider that to be 3D, so now I don't know what it is.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 06:24

Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jaime -

Here's a YouTube example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qELiYNV7mY

It's referred to often in discussions & reviews, like http://betanews.com/2011/10/11/its-showtime-cyberlink-releases-powerdirector-10/

Here's a summary copied and pasted from http://www.manifest-tech.com/ce_products/next_dimension_3d.htm

Dual Stream - Single File with Both Frames

.The other approach to storing 3D images is to include both the left and right frames together in a single file. This has the advantage of storing the full resolution original images. However, does require the use of non-standard file formats, or at least the extension of existing formats to include both images. As a result, viewing and editing these files does require dedicated 3D tools.

For still images, the MPO (Multi-Picture) format is an extension of JPEG with both the left and right images. The files have the type .MPO, which means they are not immediately viewable with conventional image viewers. But you can rename the files as .JPG to view the file normally (and see one of the images).

For videos, the 3D-AVI format similarly stores both the left and right sequences in a single file. And the file is playable with standard tools as a regular AVI movie (to view one of the streams).

Both the MPO and 3D-AVI formats are used by the the Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3 digital camera (see Using 3D).

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 01:10

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I did find the YouTube videos, but they just show up as anaglyph on my computer. Reading the text above, it is a little more clear.

Thanks __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James,
Ok, where there are 2 separate 2D video which are created by two cameras then PD does NOT recognise those as being 3D. It is probably my interpretation of "Dual-Stream" as opposed to a Google or wiki (especially good info from Tony's quote and location source) which I'm getting into trouble with (sorry about that).

Where a video is imported into PD10 which is a side by side video (either Half Side by Side or Full) and displays as such in the library but does not have the 3D icon (not recognised as being 3D by CyberLink PD10 automatically) then a simple right click on the clip and selecting to "Set 3D Source Format" will correct the display issue.

The resulting selection will display as a single frame view in preview and is easier to edit/view the changes.

see attached images

Your avi should be ok.

Dafydd

Side by Side in Library - not recognised by PD10 as 3D:

Side by Side now shown as 3D in PD10
[Thumb - sdukpd10-20117-pd504.png]
 Filename
sdukpd10-20117-pd504.png
[Disk]
 Description
Set 3D source
 Filesize
112 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2503 time(s)
[Thumb - sdukpd10-20117-pd502.png]
 Filename
sdukpd10-20117-pd502.png
[Disk]
 Description
Side by Side displayed in Library
 Filesize
99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2546 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 06:59

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I have yet to trigger Multiview video coding and Dual view format. From Track or Library

Dafydd

James Dotson
[Post New]
Thanks, Dafydd. That helps. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
FelixS3D [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2011 13:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everybody,

I bought the full version of PD10 Ultra 64Bit for creating MVC S3D BDs after I tested the functionality of Sony vegas studio platinum and I wanted to create menues for my discs as advertised in PD10.

At first I was not amused when I found out that you cannot use separate L and R streams as source for S3D clips in PD10 (ok, I should have read the forums more attentively but I interpreted dual-stream in the pdf-manual as two separate streams...not as an proprietary format from fuji w3) but after having read this thread here I tried with the side by side file with 2x full resolution (as 3840x1080pix) and my first MVC BD created with that source was fine on first look.

But now to check the quality I wondered if PD10 really interprets a side-by-side with 3840x1080 really as two fullHD streams side by side. Some months ago, in Magix Video deluxe 17 I tested that functionality there with a friend and we found out that the magix strangely reduces the quality and maybe scales 3840 down to 1920... in the end you get a bad picture.

So has anybody of you already made some quality tests or can anybody confirm that PD10 really treats a side-by-side stream with double horizontal resolution in the way it should do? Because when this really means no quality loss compared to two separate full hd streams, then the current situation with the lack of a REAL dual-stream workflow isn´t as bad as I assumend at first. Of course you have the problem that you have to create a intermediate file with 3840x1080pix but when you use no compression at all it´s just some more time and disk space you have to invest.

Ah, and I hope that Cybelink publishes a fix that brings the quicktime.mov function back into the software: the version from the install dvd worked fine with my AVID DNxHD.mov and my 3840x1080pix intermediate mov (no compressione9 but after the update to 1129a I have to use the avi-container instead.... I hope the patch comes fast.

Best regards,

Felix

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 27. 2011 17:53

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
I deleted this post.

Nina

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2011 02:32

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
[Post New]
Hello and my best wishes for the New Year -

To complete the subject, there are two formats Dual Stream -

AVI format used by Fujifilm 3D W1 and W3 -
and a format defined by the Microsoft Windows Media Dual Stream Video --

To read this format Windows Media Video can be read with "Stereoscopic Player" --

http://3dtv.at/Knowhow/EncodingWmv_en.aspx --

Currently no editing software does not take into account it is simply recognized in 2D --

3D AVI format used by the W1 and W3 is actually two files in the same container Mjpeg AVI --

It is well recognized by 10 and if Cyberlink PowerDirector could add corrections in the function module "Rotation" and "Auto Fix" as it exists on two competing software would be perfect. (I have to go through an intermediate stage with StéréoMovie Maker to make these corrections.) --

A small flat and I have already pointed out some clips on W3, when installed on the track of the Time line, there is a gel image of 2 to 3 seconds but the shot I take account and lengthens the duration of my decision. --

Otherwise I have no particular problem with the use of 3D PowerDirector 10. --

cordially
Jacques

Je vous prie de m'escuser mais traduction Google - je ne parle pas Anglais et trop vieux pour m'y mettre - Je suis Francais

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 28. 2011 03:26