Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My YouCam won't launch
Lacey H [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2011 01:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
When I first got my laptop about a month ago my YouCam was working, and now it won't launch or do anything. Im not sure what to do, I have searched all over the support site and tried different things. Can someone please help me?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please contact the customer support team about your issue.

if you use resolution <=720P - please switch to at least 1024x768

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Tyomni [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2011 12:31 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
but is Your webcam working? I mean is it working when You are in skype etc. or You can't launch the YouCam program?
Lacey H [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2011 01:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes I'm pretty sure it works and I can't launch the program.
Nancy2G [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2012 12:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Was anyone able to suggest a solution to this problem? I have it too. I downloaded Youcam and had it working. Now I can't get Youcam to launch. I did download RealPlayer subsequently. Could this have messed it up? Is there a conflict?

Help!!

thanks
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Please contact the customer support.

there is no known issue about this and it is likely an issue related to your platform / installation.

br

Werde Facebook Fan
aceaxcell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2012 07:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This happened to me, For some reason I found that right clicking on 'YouCam' then 'run as administrator' does the trick...
[Post New]
HI,
can you please post the YouCam exact Version and SR number (SR is not te CD-KEy and listed in the about box)

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
Erica [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2012 16:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same I'm having a problem too. I had youcam preinstalled on my laptop. Then a software update popped up and i installed it but now my youcam wont show up the picture. like the background interface like the (settings, camvera/video) buttons are there. everythings there but the picture and i cannot figure out a way to remove the update its ridiculous
[Post New]
Hi,
can you please let me know:
- Notebook model?
- YouCam Version
- YouCam SR (SR is also in the about box)

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
Erica [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2012 16:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
-LXWVZ0200510135DA41601
-YouCam Version I have no idea
-YouCam SR I have no idea
I tried looking it up but I couldn't find it. On my PC there's a Folder for "VideoWebCam" and inside that there's a whole bunch of folders and one is YouCam...I went through those and could not find anything about the Version or SR.