Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 10 Ultimate optimal video file format
[Post New]
I just got a GoPro Hero2 that records natively is MP4 format. The Cine-Form application from GoPro will convert to AVI or MOV files. I have also just brought in the MP4 to play with in my learning cycle. My question is which import process or file format is yields the best resolution for video files (generally expect to be YouTube probably 720 16X9).
Thank you in advance for your time and support.
Requested to move from Director Zone.
Applicable data below:
Please provide answers to the following in your post on this forum.
1. Which operating system do you use, W7 SP1/64 bit AMD Phenom II 2.8 GHz 6 core 8GB DDR2 1800
2. Which version of PD, 10.0.0.1012 (Ultra 64 bit)
3. Which SR number, deleted is this my S/N?
4. What kind of video source material used (codec / container), not applicable
5. A detailed step by step description of the problem. not applicable
6. What anti-virus solution is installed on your PC? MS Security Essentials.
7. What codec packs installed? See PD's Readme html file Could not find
8. What other video editing programs are installed - Adobe Premier Elements 9
9. What burning software is installed on your PC? Lightscribe Direct Disk Labeling.
10. What type of blank disk was used, if you have a burning create issue? Not applicable
11. What background processes / programs running (especially important for problems with the burning)? not applicable
12. Provide the dxdiag log file as an attachment, see Part B below, Do not think this is needed for this query
Thank you in advance

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 18. 2011 08:07

Mike
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike,

I have about 180 videos on youtube a lot of them taken with my GoPro HD Hero 1.

Here are a couple of tips to get the best out of editing the video.

1. GoPro video both Hero 1 & 2 respond well to 1/4-1/2 slider using "Video Enhance" in PD. See this video I did of a mates hanggliding video. Now this was a copy of the web video so it is not the best quality but you will notice an improvement. Pause the video at the start and notice the difference with the blue truck and later on with the harness and landscape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AinaEhoPswY

2. I import the raw video straight into PD and produce my videos for youtube using H.264 AVC around 17,000 kbps for 720p & 1080p.

3. Make sure your video drivers are up to date from the card manufacturer not Microsoft.

4. If you have any further problems please attach your dxdiag.txt so we can help you further.

P.S. I would remove your serial number from your post.

My youtube channel is down the bottom if you want to check out some of my videos.

Cheers

Robert. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Robert2 S Thank you for your time and advice. I did not know the SR number was my serial number, I thought it was something like series release.
I looked at your video and I will find that slider bar and take it up to 1/2 with the footage I get tomorrow while kayak fishing. Hopefully Sunday I will get a block of time to learn some more items in PD
Your support is appreciated, thanks again.
Mike Mike
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike,
RE: I did not know the SR number was my serial number, I thought it was something like series release.
It is a series release number and NOT an activation key. The number is useful for CyberLink when checking what your PD start point was. It is of no use to anyone else, you're ok to give that info.

Dafydd
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Glad to help Mike, sorry about the SR number thing, I thought it was your serial number. Always something new to learn. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Robert2 S, Not a problem! It was good to know members are looking out for each other. I think error on the side of safe, when no foul was intended is fine.
Thanks again.
Mike
niki [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2012 05:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
burning software? I only know a higosoft <a href="http://www.higosoft.com/free-dvd-creator-mac.html">free dvd creator</a>
niki [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2012 05:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
burning software? I only know a higosoft free dvd creator