CyberLink Community Forum
NewBlueFX where?  XML
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
NewTown

I just can't find NewBlueFx?

Is it me or did they hide it.

In user guide page 89

CyberLink PowerDirector now includes many special video effects from NewBlue*.
To view these effects, select the NewBlue filters from the drop-down in the effects
library.

I dont have any thing called NewBlue in the filter section.

Can anybody help me????

/Lars
ynotfish

Senior Contributor

Hi NewTown -

In the Effects Room, don't you have this?

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

NewTown

Hello Tony

No, and also installed both contentpacks

/Lars
[Thumb - pd10.jpg]
 Filename pd10.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Effects room
 Filesize 50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  423 time(s)

Terry SE NSW

I will echo Lars' query. The New Blue FX are not accessible for me also. I've done what you suggested, Tony, but they are not there.
However they were downloaded and installed with PD 10 Ultra (update) and are in the 'plug-ins' sub-folder of PD 10 in my programs folder (Power Director 10-Shared Files-Plugin-NewBlue)
Hmmmm.
Terry
ynotfish

Senior Contributor

Hi Terry -

I don't know whether going the "Upgrade" route (as opposed to the straight out purchase) makes any difference. I just bought PD10 - not an upgrade.

My NewBlue Plug-ins are stored in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin\NewBlue - same for you?

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Terry SE NSW

Thanks Tony,

I install my programs on my D:\ partition so they are to be found in D:\Program FIles\CyberLink\PowerDirector 10\SharedFiles\Plugin\NewBlue
Some components of earlier installed versions of PowerDirector (7 and 8) have been installed on my C drive but there is nothing there for Version 9. That version must have been overtaken by Version 10 on either my C or D drive.
Terry

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 16/11/2011 21:09:02

Terry SE NSW

Tony/Lars,

By luck (I'm no technician) I copied the NewBlue folder from my D:\ drive to C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin. Now I have C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin\NewBlue. The NewBlue Art Effects are now accessible from the Effects drop-down menu in PowerDirector.
I don't know why but I'm going to leave it at that while I'm ahead.
Thanks for your help, Tony.
Terry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/11/2011 21:07:07

BarryTheCrab

Senior Contributor

The New Blue FX, though very welcome, are hand-cuffed a bit in their function. So if you are familiar with NB, you might be a little surprised, it's like they are SE versions. Too bad, perhaps in V11 they'll make them fully functional. CL took the same approach with the new Smartsound module in V9, they updated it, then cuffed it.

My website http://bgillcyberstudio.com/index.html LINKS TO PDTOOTS, Cyberlink Sales & hundreds of other valuable resources!
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)/Nvidia GTX 660(1.5GB)/16GB DDR3/7,200rpm/W8x64
HP Pavilion DV7t-3000/17.4"/i7_820QM(4@1.73~turbo>3.06)/Nvidia GT230M(1g)CUDA/8GB DDR3/7,200rpm/W7x64
Canon Vixia HV30/HFM40/HFM41/Olympus EPL-1(4/3rds)/Nikon L110/Fuji W3-3D/Smith-Victor lights
[Email] [WWW]
CyberLink-Michael

Administrator
[Avatar]

Hi NewTown,

thanks for bringing this issue to our attention - we have reproduced it and will search for root cause now.

Br
Michael

Technical Support
[WWW]
FredB

Senior Contributor

Cyberlink Michael;
It is often difficult to uncover whether users have installed to a NON-%SystemDrive% that can cause this failure. Some users have even attempted to install the program on an external removable drive, resulting in similar issues with modules .

Also, since we are seeing you (and the user "Cyberlink-ProductManager") here more often, you might have to modify your "Signature", as it could be confusing to users.

This is a user-2-user forum and CyberLink Technical Support Team is neither monitoring nor replying.

Although you may not be part of the Technical Support team, the Cyberlink presence is certainly apparent lately.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/11/2011 06:36:23

Shredman

Terry SE NSW wrote:Tony/Lars,

By luck (I'm no technician) I copied the NewBlue folder from my D:\ drive to C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin. Now I have C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin\NewBlue. The NewBlue Art Effects are now accessible from the Effects drop-down menu in PowerDirector.
I don't know why but I'm going to leave it at that while I'm ahead.
Thanks for your help, Tony.
Terry

I had to do the same thing as Terry quoted above in order to see the NewBlue plugins in PD10. Like Terry, I have PD10 installed to my E:\ drive instead of my C:\ drive (it's a small SSD and I want to conserve the space on it).

I wonder if there are any other files that may be missing due to not installing on C:?

Still Learning PD and the world of HD video and digicams...and photo organizing and editing!
i870, 8gb, ti560, Win7, 64bit OS
FredB

Senior Contributor

Shredman;
Glad you found the post and solved your problem.
Many supplemental programs and background processes use the Drive containing the OS for their operation, REGARDLESS of where you point programs or set temporary files. This is part of the reason we recommend having as much free space on the C: drive, as possible. It just avoids problems!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/03/2012 10:34:09

Ken

I tried to copy the folder like above and I don't see the Newbluefx!

Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Go to: