Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NewBlueFX where?
NewTown [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2010 06:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I just can't find NewBlueFx?

Is it me or did they hide it.

In user guide page 89

CyberLink PowerDirector now includes many special video effects from NewBlue*.
To view these effects, select the NewBlue filters from the drop-down in the effects
library.

I dont have any thing called NewBlue in the filter section.

Can anybody help me????

/Lars
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi NewTown -

In the Effects Room, don't you have this?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
NewTown [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2010 06:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Tony

No, and also installed both contentpacks

/Lars
[Thumb - pd10.jpg]
 Filename
pd10.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Effects room
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
659 time(s)
Terry SE NSW
Newbie Location: NSW, Australia Joined: Jan 28, 2010 02:07 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
I will echo Lars' query. The New Blue FX are not accessible for me also. I've done what you suggested, Tony, but they are not there.
However they were downloaded and installed with PD 10 Ultra (update) and are in the 'plug-ins' sub-folder of PD 10 in my programs folder (Power Director 10-Shared Files-Plugin-NewBlue)
Hmmmm.
Terry
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Terry -

I don't know whether going the "Upgrade" route (as opposed to the straight out purchase) makes any difference. I just bought PD10 - not an upgrade.

My NewBlue Plug-ins are stored in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin\NewBlue - same for you?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Terry SE NSW
[Post New]
Thanks Tony,

I install my programs on my D:\ partition so they are to be found in D:\Program FIles\CyberLink\PowerDirector 10\SharedFiles\Plugin\NewBlue
Some components of earlier installed versions of PowerDirector (7 and 8) have been installed on my C drive but there is nothing there for Version 9. That version must have been overtaken by Version 10 on either my C or D drive.
Terry

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 17. 2011 00:09

Terry SE NSW
[Post New]
Tony/Lars,

By luck (I'm no technician) I copied the NewBlue folder from my D:\ drive to C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin. Now I have C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin\NewBlue. The NewBlue Art Effects are now accessible from the Effects drop-down menu in PowerDirector.
I don't know why but I'm going to leave it at that while I'm ahead.
Thanks for your help, Tony.
Terry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 17. 2011 00:07

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The New Blue FX, though very welcome, are hand-cuffed a bit in their function. So if you are familiar with NB, you might be a little surprised, it's like they are SE versions. Too bad, perhaps in V11 they'll make them fully functional. CL took the same approach with the new Smartsound module in V9, they updated it, then cuffed it. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi NewTown,

thanks for bringing this issue to our attention - we have reproduced it and will search for root cause now.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Cyberlink Michael;
It is often difficult to uncover whether users have installed to a NON-%SystemDrive% that can cause this failure. Some users have even attempted to install the program on an external removable drive, resulting in similar issues with modules .

Also, since we are seeing you (and the user "Cyberlink-ProductManager") here more often, you might have to modify your "Signature", as it could be confusing to users.

This is a user-2-user forum and CyberLink Technical Support Team is neither monitoring nor replying.

Although you may not be part of the Technical Support team, the Cyberlink presence is certainly apparent lately.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 23. 2011 09:36

[Post New]
Quote: Tony/Lars,

By luck (I'm no technician) I copied the NewBlue folder from my D:\ drive to C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin. Now I have C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin\NewBlue. The NewBlue Art Effects are now accessible from the Effects drop-down menu in PowerDirector.
I don't know why but I'm going to leave it at that while I'm ahead.
Thanks for your help, Tony.
Terry

I had to do the same thing as Terry quoted above in order to see the NewBlue plugins in PD10. Like Terry, I have PD10 installed to my E:\ drive instead of my C:\ drive (it's a small SSD and I want to conserve the space on it).

I wonder if there are any other files that may be missing due to not installing on C:? Still Learning PD and the world of HD video and digicams...and photo organizing and editing!
i870, 8gb, ti560, Win7, 64bit OS
[Post New]
Shredman;
Glad you found the post and solved your problem.
Many supplemental programs and background processes use the Drive containing the OS for their operation, REGARDLESS of where you point programs or set temporary files. This is part of the reason we recommend having as much free space on the C: drive, as possible. It just avoids problems!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2012 13:34

Ken [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2012 14:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to copy the folder like above and I don't see the Newbluefx!