Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 Ultra Patch 2227 Keeps Prompting for AACS Update
KURT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2009 12:26 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink has been running me around for months on this. I have described it and described it and described it to them. They even had me try version 10 -- no luck. At one point, they promoted the problem to a "higher department" (actual developers) who couldn't reproduce it in one try and gave up.
KURT [Avatar]
[Post New]
For clarification: by "running me around" I mean I have 11 tickets with Support dating back to last year.
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 13, 2010 12:06 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Ugh that really doesn't fill me with confidence. Can you still find the 2201 patch anywhere where this was working?
KURT [Avatar]
[Post New]
I imagine the only people "legally" distributing 2201 would be Cyberlink, and they've apparently moved on to versions with bugs they can't fix... Grrr...
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have actually found version 2201, it takes me to the page to download it when I first install powerDVD. Unfortunately I get the same issue with version 2201 AND 2528.

Whats really annoying is that this was working perfectly on this very PC before I upgraded to windows 7.
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
Some good news for you all! I seem to have got it working!

Heres my steps if any of you want to try.

1) Uninstall PowerDVD
2) Reboot
3) Install power DVD 9
4) Try to play a blu-ray, it will give you a message asking you to update and take you to an IE page where you can download version 2201. Download and save this somewhere safe.
5) Close power DVD
6) Completley disconnect from the internet ie unplug your cable or turn off wireless
7) Install the 2201 patch.
Try to play a blu-ray you will see the crap error message we were all getting forcing you to update. Click NO.
9) Without closing PowerDVD click play again. As if by magic the blu-ray will start. It seems by saying no and installing whilst offline you get around the farcical update.

I have managed to make this persist after a full shutdown and when connected to the internet so it seems to be a 1 time thing. However do NOT under any circumstances install any later patches when prompted. I did just to play devils advocate and hard to start all over again with those 9 steps.

Hope this helps