Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerful computer, terrible PD15 performance
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
I use a program called "QT Lite" instead of full blown QuckTime. I'm using ver 4.1.0, which seems to be the latest, according the web.
James2016 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Queensland, Australia Joined: Oct 19, 2016 06:53 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I use a program called "QT Lite" instead of full blown QuckTime. I'm using ver 4.1.0, which seems to be the latest, according the web.

Okay, that's interesting. Thanks for letting me know about that.
James2016 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Queensland, Australia Joined: Oct 19, 2016 06:53 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Most of the time I haven't needed Quicktime, but something I installed recently required it, and I installed it, having forgotten about any security news I may have heard about Quicktime earlier in the year.

I've uninstalled Quicktime again now, but I'm feeling the need to find out what software I have might rely on it. If anyone has any examples of popular software that does rely on, or examples of kinds of software, I'd appreciate your thoughts on that. I'm researching it now.
James2016 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is QT Lite something that does what QuickTime would otherwise be needed for, but without the security vulnerabilities? Or can anyone confirm whether it's possible to install a version of QuickTime without the aspects that have security vulnerabilities? One article I've seen online suggests QuickTime can be installed without the QuickTime player in a way that doesn't include the vulnerabilities. That sounds doubtful to me in view of the widespread advice to uninstall QuickTime.
James2016 [Avatar]
[Post New]
My initial tests on converting .mov footage to .mp4 footage so far seem to indicate that this completely solves the problem of audio cutting out during transitions. This causes me to question whether Cyberlink can genuinely claim its software is compatible with .mov files, including the output of Canon and Nikon DSLRs.
Graeme2016 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2008 04:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I to am having big problems with Power Director 15 Ultimate. It now takes 14 to 18 hours to render 30 mins of Full HD video, and then there are errors when trying to play it back on the TV. It will only go so far then stop.

Version 14 never had these problems, and could render the same video inj around 2 to 3 hours. I am convinced that this version has problems, and I do believe that Cyberlink knows about them. I am waiting for a fix, as the last patch did nothing to improve it.
camhops360 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2016 11:42 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My 6.5-year-old computer struggled a little with PowerDirector 14 - it suffered from lag when I tried to move the playhead around, etc, and would pause for a few seconds between closing one process (eg PiP Designer) and starting another (eg timeline editing).

PowerDirector 15 performs worse than that on my new Windows 10 64-bit, 6-core, 12-thread Intel Core i7 5930K Haswell-E/EP computer with SSD, 32GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics card..

Did you build the computer yourself?

When I upgraded my computer my motherboard wouldn't recognize the graphics card. I had to buy a card that could switch from UEFI to legacy.

Is your operating system recognizing your full amount of ram and the GPU?

Do you see any notifications in device manager?

When you go to System performance is Power director taking up most resources?

What type of HD do you have?

Are you storing the production file on the HD or on a USB? IF USB is it USB 2?
Graeme2016 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2008 04:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My 6.5-year-old computer struggled a little with PowerDirector 14 - it suffered from lag when I tried to move the playhead around, etc, and would pause for a few seconds between closing one process (eg PiP Designer) and starting another (eg timeline editing).

PowerDirector 15 performs worse than that on my new Windows 10 64-bit, 6-core, 12-thread Intel Core i7 5930K Haswell-E/EP computer with SSD, 32GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics card..

Did you build the computer yourself?

When I upgraded my computer my motherboard wouldn't recognize the graphics card. I had to buy a card that could switch from UEFI to legacy.

Is your operating system recognizing your full amount of ram and the GPU?

Do you see any notifications in device manager?

When you go to System performance is Power director taking up most resources?

What type of HD do you have?

Are you storing the production file on the HD or on a USB? IF USB is it USB 2?

James2016

My computer was built around 3 years ago. MB AUSUS P9X7P

CPU i7 3930k 3.2 GIG

Ram 16 GIG

Gforce GTX 660

HD Seagate 1000GIG

No Problems in Devise Manager

All used files on same HDD as Power Director

Power Director is using 96-99% of CPU

All other Programs work perfectly (Photoshop)etc.

Thank you for your interest. Graeme2016