Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD Highlight on text icon or thumbnails is mis-aligned
Ed1875 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2014 13:00 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Just a quick update.. Cyberlink support has reported back.
They have reproduced this issue in their lab and have engineers working on it.

Update: Support says they may post a beta patch to the forum (I assume this thread). Stay tuned.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2015 00:24

Slats [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Kent, uk Joined: Sep 24, 2014 16:09 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Ed1875, just wanted to say a big thanks to yourself and the others for taking the time to investigate this issue. As a part time user, I was really struggling to work out why my misalignment kept happening. Tony (ynotfish) pointed me in this direction and I'm glad to say I've found my 16:9 setting on my DVD player and all my DVDs play perfectly.
Thanks again and keep up the good work all
Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2015 11:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey ed1875, did support respond back to you?
I have this exact same issue.. created dvds with 16:9 format for one tv in my house and this mis-alignment problem is a hassle when I play the dvd on a different tv I own.
I have used other dvd authoring software over the years and never seen this problem before buying pd

Did support give any eta on a fix?

Thanks,
Tom
[Post New]
I have nothing to add to this discussion other than a big thank you for those of you who are working on the problem. I have tried all the recommendations of been posted. And I'm still not having any luck. Very frustrating.

I too, need to distribute my DVDs and I would like to have them as user-friendly as possible. This is not happening. Don
Ed1875 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi all,

Sorry to say I have no news to report.

Support was very responsive back in January and they said they duplicated the issue and would post a patch...

I have had no contact from them since then....

Unfortunately, support does not let us communicate with them on a case. so I opened a new case and referenced the old case and the response I got back was very poor and I can only assume that the person responding never looked at the original case.

So we are all stuck here 4 months later wondering if Cyberlink is going to do anything about this issue or have they just decided it is not worth their time??? Or perhaps they are just so swamped with bug reports that this one is just not important enough???

My biggest gripe here is the complete lack of any followup from support.. Back in Dec and Jan, they were very resposive but as soon as they said they had duped the issue and would post a patch, it seem as if they stopped doing anthing about this.

Last December when I started this project, I trialed both Sony's product and Power Director and even though PD had this issue, the great response I got from support (back then) and this wonderful forum made me decide to buy PD. Today I feel I chose the wrong product. I have little use for DVD authoring software that cannot produce normal DVDs..

Would be nice if someone... anyone... with inside connections to Cyberlink would respond and shine a light to this issue.
[Post New]
Thank you for all the time and effort. Don
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ed1875 ,
Following the PM you sent me the other day I have only a small bit to add as an update.

While investigating the issue, which has been with PDR for some time, quality concerns were raised while trying to fix the issue. CyberLink engineers are still working on a better solution with less impact (on usage quality).

Basically we'll have to wait and see what CyberLink come up with. Best I can do.

Dafydd
Ed1875 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd,

I appreciate you taking time to look at this.

Its good to hear that it is still an open issue..
Ed1875 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Bump..

Just curious if those that have this issue have found any work-arounds..

This is a critical issue for me.. haven't touched PD in months now..

I spent many days building a project and have been waiting 7+ months for a fix that support told me was coming.. Can't wait any more unless someone here can help..

Thanks for your consideration..