Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Very bad quality in the timeline!
[Post New]
I suggest that you contact either CyberLink Support. They would have all those answers. I would paste a link, but I am still learning phone.

Herman Street is an approved vendor for CL.
[Post New]
I have been in contact with the cyberlink support the entire time. They neither have found a solution.
We have been discussing much of the same stuff as we did here actually. And I have even tried some steps of my own...
I decided to disable the use of shadow files, since my system don't really seem to need them to keep up fine.

I also tried a re-install with no further luck.
Strange how I can get such a critical problem and yet no-one has heard of it or is able to fix it! That is what bothers me the most...
Take it as it comes...
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Aleks,

I am not at all a techie, and I cannot offer a solution therefore.
So why post?
I get by with my computer using mostly my gut feeling.
If I understand you, you say that this happens with all files,
not just a particular one. So running files through a converter
wouldn’t help. (?)
I don’t think you have said what format the source file you mentioned is.
You say that the files play ok from library (?), but as soon as they
are dragged to the timeline they become blurry and pixelated.
The timeline is the culprit.
Could it be that some tiny little file is missing in your program?
I hope some techie can jump in and state “possible” or “impossible”.

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
[Post New]
Happens with all files, yes. Converter would not help.

All files meens all format too I'm afraid, if it only were that easy =/

You got it right about the timeline. All files play perfectly in the import section and in media player as well. But is really bad to watch in the timeline AND in the produced file AND (the shadow files I used before, now disabled!)

I tried to re-install the program and also update it several times. I really doubt something is missing. The problem also suddenly appeared for the first time when I created a new project. Take it as it comes...
[Post New]
I just discovered I have the same problem at my laptop as well! I'm going to kill myself soon! =/ Take it as it comes...
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hei Aleks,
(vi må ta dette på engelsk….)

The problem has occurred suddenly.
How long have you had the program and how many videos have you edited?
(I very seldom edit in 1920x1080 60fps, and if I do, I have to pre- produce shorter
segments if I have made adjustments or using more than 1 track. It will be impossible
to use this setting in .avi format and have my computer work with it.)
I think somebody here has to take a closer look at the dxdiag of your computer.
Your C drive seems to have little free space, perhaps.

Fraps?
http://www.ehow.com/how_6512156_reduce-fraps-file-size.html
Just something.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

Hi AleksF92,
Carry out the following please:
1. Check your timeline Preview Quality, icon link is to the right of the snapshot (camera) icon. Set to "High" should be ok.
2. Provide the following information, see the guide part A & B please:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page
3. Provide a snapshot of the Edit Workspace with your project insitu, see Guide Part E & F.
4. Provide full information on what output data you are selecting. Is it Produce? Is it in Create Disc? Which of these and what selections are being made in each?

With out sufficient accurate data, members can not assist you.

Dafydd

AleksF92,
You still need to provide, item 3. Item 3 will show members what you're looking at - the quality of the image, the layout of your project etc.

In addition: Information of the media file(s) itself should have been provided either in the form of a sample file, 5 seconds long) or/and as a MediaInfo text file. http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

The issue you have is localised to your set up and your machines. By mentioning your laptop there has to be a similarity in the setup, content that is triggering the presentation. You also mentioned the issue happened "suddenly", an overnight type happening. Therefore a change took place on your system, an update of a program or feature that has led to a corruption perhaps of the program. You should track back to when that took place. At the moment the issue you have is localised to your set up. I doubt it has anything to do with where you purchased the product, more likely to do with a driver updated, software installed or a virus.

Just my opinion.
Dafydd

[Post New]
I made a few images that hopefully illustrate what you wanted...

I might have mentioned, I checked my graphics driver. It's up to date.
I have no idea what kind of drivers that would affect PowerDirector, but things I can check that I know I have and is commonly used is Java, DirectX, Quicktime, Flash.

I have not installed much after PowerDirector really. Only Visual Studio 2012 + Microsoft Project 2013.

Just scanned my computer with Microsoft Security Essentials. Hopefully that is proof enough there no viruses. I haven't had one in 5-6 years, I've become much more aware of what I click on the internet and such, so having another anti-virus program more frequently leads to more problems than it actually helps I find... Also since I found out it's for both my computers I lean more towards the configurations or drivers as well.

I hope the samples I provided get you any further. Tell me if you need more info.
[Thumb - AleksF92 - Fullscreen Preview.png]
 Filename
AleksF92 - Fullscreen Preview.png
[Disk]
 Description
Fullscreen preview to easier detect quality difference.
 Filesize
4735 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
192 time(s)
[Thumb - AleksF92 - Editing.png]
 Filename
AleksF92 - Editing.png
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot from the project layout.
 Filesize
2302 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
179 time(s)
 Filename
AleksF92 - MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Information about the video file shown in the project.
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
265 time(s)
Take it as it comes...
1Nina
[Post New]
Hi Aleks,

Again, I am no techie, but if this is right from the media info

Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
Format profile : OpenDML
File size : 170 GiB
Duration : 43mn 57s
Overall bit rate : 554 Mbps

most would go wrong on any timeline I have on my system.
If I'm reading this right, I have never seen anything like it,
certainly not attempted to edit anything like it.
Just something.
[Post New]
The filesize is huge becuase Fraps record fullscreen hd resolution. The size is just fine as long as you got a hard drive for it. I have already edited several successful videos using the same sized files before this problem occured. But yeah, I wouldn't mind getting smaller files, but as long as it's hd I don't mind at all. The main thing I worry about is the produced size, it will have the same quality but be about 2-3gb.

I don't think Fraps is the only source that gives large recordings. But it certainly has quite a lead, but also when it comes to quality. =)
I got a 2TB drive just for movies anyways, so not a space problem for me ^^ Take it as it comes...
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
I happen to edit in the same format, 60P 1080. The video on the timeline will have lower resolution.

Make a file in THE SAME FORMAT, same bit rate etc as original. NO edits titles etc. Check the SVRT above the timeline, it should be all Green.
When you make the file use SVRT.

I have had STELLAR results with PD11 Ultra.

Even when converting from 60P to 60i the results are "very good" but not "excellent" as when maintaining the format.

Eugene

PS are you using the AVer video capture device? I am guessing, but FRAPS will most likely not give good results in any editing software because of the necessary format conversion.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 11. 2013 14:33

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
1Nina
[Post New]
Aleks,
Where are you displaying your videos? What kind of super quality do you need?
Have you read from the link I posted earlier, how to record at lower settings with Fraps ?
I will just assume you have- and you know how to.
Your C drive doesn’t have a lot of free space, and I think my system
would choke if I attempted to run such a file through a timeline.
I have not enough knowledge of Radeon cards, somebody else will have to
look in to that for you. Quite similar, though the specs.

Here are my card specs:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 470
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 4059 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1248 MB
Shared Memory: 2811 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Here are yours:
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x671
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 4095 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2018 MB
Shared Memory: 2077 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Your C drive:
Free Space: 35.1 GB
Total Space: 114.4 GB
(you have i5 :Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz)

My C drive:
Free Space: 226.8 GB
Total Space: 300.0 GB
(I have i7: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.2GHz)

When I work with a video, everything i need is brought in to C (as copies)-
and when I am done working/editing- I delete it again from C.

Just for the sake of having tried it;will you please convert the file?
Try 1280x720 30fps at…10Mbps ? (YouTube: 5Mbps is enough)
FormatFactory is a free and ok converter.
Choose an .mp4 HD format.

Of course I am not familiar with the world of recording game and how the "competition" (if any) is with
presenting videos and where / how you present videos.
I think this is the best I can do for you.
Good luck,

Nina

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2013 14:26

Just something.
[Post New]
I find Fraps excellent for editing. Best quality maintainance I have seen so far for screen captures for sure. I have tried ALOT of different captures (everyone I know is aviable for a free trial anyways), but most programs lag a fair bit and can't keep up with the writing speed at all... If you need preformance while recording, Fraps is definitly the way to go. Most games tend to need preformance, else there are no point in playing right? =P

Could you explain what you want me to do a little more detailed? I didn't quite understand what you meen.
- I found the SVRT but that is unaviable for many formats.
- What should be all green?
- What is an AVer? Take it as it comes...
[Post New]
1Nina, you're looking at my SSD drive... The only thing I run on that drive is Windows 7!
I have more drives that I use for programs and even a separate drive to store ONLY movie files...
D: 1.81TB (7200rpm EDIT: use this to store videos)
E: 232GB (For programs)
F: 232GB (Stuff I don't want to delete if I reformat my computer!)
J: 4GB (RAM drive, newly added, EDIT: I have 24GB RAM total, shouldn't suffer a bit)

I can ensure you all that my computer is more than capable of recording perfectly while running everything in full hd graphics. And also edit everything without problems. Please don't look at this as any kind of related to the actual problem I'm reporting here. I have alreday SUCCESSFULLY edited and produced many movie with the exact same setting before. These are all 1080p 60fps which I need them to be, and if you want to check out my youtube channel you can find plenty of proof if that is what you need.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AleksanderFimreite

I'm kind of tired of getting questions about my hardware all the time when it's the software (PowerDirector) that is the only thing acting wierd. How many times do I have to confirm this?
Sorry if I'm agressive, but I just can't believe how it is possible to get some kind of setting checked or whatever that maked the software useless and noone, not even the creators of the program knows how the hell to fix it! -_-

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 11. 2013 15:58

Take it as it comes...
Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Just a couple of more thoughts here, you say you have updated Quicktime? From their site and not through PD11 install. Latest version is 7.7.3.

Any codec packs installed? K-lite full is a good one to use.

This is sounding more of a bad codec than anything else since your system is truely up to it.

Going over the software installed both on your laptop and the computer you are using, was anything added to both before the problem started?

Dave

(all the ideas I had,sorry) HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
[Post New]
I have never actually tried to edit anything on my laptop yet. But I didn't notice the problem there before I had to try use that once. Since I want to edit videos again. But PowerDirector is the very last software installed on that laptop I'm very sure. When it comes to he desktop though. It has been through several updates for several programs, but mostly Java. And MAYBE Microsoft .Net Framwork

I checked it, and my quicktime player says 7.7.3
But I don't use any codec packs at all. unless I get asked to install it for something to work. Is that needed for rendering in PowerDirector?

EDIT: How do I check wheither I have codecs or not?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2013 16:31

Take it as it comes...
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
With respect, I think the issue is clear, your system was running successfully, you have edited with the same setup successfully but something changed.

As far as I know PD does not do any auto-updates so unless it has broken for some reason, PD also remains unchanged.

Whatever else has changed is unknown, you have referred to Visual Studio 2012 + Microsoft Project 2013 being installed but perhaps there are other updates etc as well?

It seems that, unless something has broken PD, the change responsible must be elsewhere - whether that is a system/program setting altered by you or by some other software is not clear from your information.

I'm not sure, on the basis of the information you have supplied, how anyone will be able to help.

My own interpretation, until you mentioned your laptop issue, was that the use of shadow edit files is problematic, I haven't used them for at least 3 years, they have always been unreliable for me and some inexplicable results have been reported - particularly as they generate lo-res copies and have been known (in the past) to process them instead. I have no idea how long a 170Gb shadow file would take to generate - too long for me at my time of life! In the past, if editing was started before the shadows completed all sorts of issues seem to occur even after they were switched off - ie the .pds files were still wrong.

Personally, I would start and do some logical troubleshooting using the standard sample files or other more simple files than the fraps to see if PD is affected in all situations or just in some. You might also try running PD in safe mode to see if that improves anything.

It is also worth noting that the latest drivers are not always the best.

Purely to illustrate the difficulty of identifying some issues, this post might be worth noting - it's not directly relevant but illustrates a point?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22711.page

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
All the updates I know of that PowerDirector might possibly use. Is mentioned in this conversation. And is all checked and up to date. I will try to investigate about downgrading PowerDirector and see if that will do any good.
Also last time when I tried re-installing I didn't remove completly everything, so I think I might try to give that another go

Using a SSD and a RAM drive, it goes very fast to make the shadow files. But It's not much the matter of size, rather lenght of the clip. It's 45 minutes. And that will take about the same time to render a shadow file for I think, havent tested but I started editing before it was close to done earlier, and that is the point where the quality suddnly wasn't the same. (Now the shadows are disabled though, as I think I've mentioned earlier)

I have also tried using more simple sample files ofc. But they suffer the same problem. The problem is for all files and forms. (Except music though, the sound quality is not decreased as far as I've noticed.) Take it as it comes...
[Post New]
I deleted all files from cyberlink and re-installed. How can all my prefferences and settings and login information still be there? If I can't reset the settings, I can't igure out if there's anything wrong with those... Take it as it comes...
BB Jones Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2013 15:22 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having exactly the same problem with PD 10 exactly as you described it. One day I successfully edited some mts files into 3000bps wmv and the next day, with no intervening action, everything, and I mean everything, is blurred once it touches the timeline.

And, again as you say, nothing you try comes out of the timeline intact. It's still recognizable but obviously blurred. Click on the same file "up above" (not yet in the timeline) and it's great.

Not sure if you solved it or just killed yourself but let me know. I was going to upgrade to 11 but it sounds like that won't solve the problem as it lives in your version 11. Any consider me a member of your "wtf" club.

Cheers:
[Post New]
I have deleted the program and is looking for a new software to use actually. At this moment, I'm so frusterated I can't edit all my movies that have stocked up mt (almost full) 2TB harddrive. I need to move on with my projects now, and Cyberlink support team don't have a kidding idea what is causing it, but they have managed to "somewhat" re-produce the error they told me... It's currently for investigation, but I don't expect a solution ANY TIME SOON!

With that being said, I need to move on... Sony Vegas is next in line fore me. Gonna get a heart attack after paying for it though, but I'm willing to do that at this point to get videos made. Sad story about PowerDirector! Take it as it comes...