Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10 with dual monitor setup fails to start
Paul M. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2010 15:04 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Paul,

You have not as yet posted one constructive comment, why do you bother, you have already stated that users should purchase another product, why haven't you, then you can go away and not come back.
Yes, PowerDVD stalls if one monitor is set to portrait mode, but then, who in their right mind would want PowerDVD in portrait mode, get real, why should CyberLink spend time and resources on this issue when only one in millions has an issue with it.
CyberLink have provided a product suitable for 99.999'% of it's users, there is no issue here, there is no problem to fix by CyberLink.
So go away, maybe come back later when you have found the product of your dreams, that does everything you want and tell us about it.

This forum is provided by CyberLink for users to try their best to help each other resolve issues, your particular issue cannot be resolved on this forum, take it up with Technical Support. None of the forum members are CyberLink employees, but yes we will defend CyberLink against unwarranted comments like yours.

Robert

An awfully stupid chiming-in. You wrote, "who in their right mind would want PowerDVD in portrait mode?"

That is so beside the point that it's comical. It's tantamount to saying, "99.999% of Windows users never use portrait mode for any of their connected monitors."

If you actually read this thread (or even just the key parts of it), you would realize that the problem is that Cyberlink stupidly designed a program that crashes/refuses to open if ANY connected monitor is in portrait mode. The even worse part is that they know it, they've ignored the issue for over a year, and they don't care. They also have people like you blindly defending them.

But thanks for pointing out the obvious, that no one wants to watch movies on a monitor in portrait mode. We get that, "mate."

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 13. 2010 17:17

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
But it's not an issue, just set set your monitors to Landscape, it takes 10 seconds, where's the problem with that, now go away and find your dream product.
No product available on the market today is perfect, you have to compromise, that's how the world works.
We do not blindly defend CyberLink, if there is a genuine issue we will do everything we can to get CyberLink to fix it.
Who in their right mind would want to help a user like you, as I said take it up with Technical Support.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Paul M. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: But it's not an issue, just set set your monitors to Landscape, it takes 10 seconds.

No.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Ah well, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, the problem then, is solely yours

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Robert,

I just changed my other monitor to Landscape, it took me less than 10 seconds! ...would you care to watch a movie? I'll boot up Power DVD and you select the title....Pass the popcorn!! I Love extra butter!

Hey Fred....quit hogging all the M&M's!!

I am fascinated at what people complain about.....and Paul...you are entitled to your opinion and you have certainly taken the opportunity to share yours.....it's just that no one is really listening to you....I am too busy watching a movie to be interested.

What was your question again?

If you have a response...I can anticipate what the content of your post will be. You are very predictable....

My suggestion is to contact Cyberlink Technical support. I am sure they will listen to your problem and do their very best to correct your issue with the product. This forum isn't the place to make demands and complaints as Technical Support does not monitor this forum. They have provided other avenues of which you should avail yourself to. The users of the software that are participating in this forum are not able to make the changes that you are insisting be made to the software.

Regards,

Kevin

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 13. 2010 20:33

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Paul M. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Robert,

I just changed my other monitor to Landscape, it took me less than 10 seconds! ...would you care to watch a movie? I'll boot up Power DVD and you select the title....Pass the popcorn!! I Love extra butter!

Hey Fred....quit hogging all the M&M's!!

I am fascinated at what people complain about.....and Paul...you are entitled to your opinion and you have certainly taken the opportunity to share yours.....it's just that no one is really listening to you....I am too busy watching a movie to be interested.

What was your question again?

If you have a response...I can anticipate what the content of your post will be. You are very predictable....

My suggestion is to contact Cyberlink Technical support. I am sure they will listen to your problem and do their very best to correct your issue with the product. This forum isn't the place to make demands and complaints as Technical Support does not monitor this forum. They have provided other avenues of which you should avail yourself to. The users of the software that are participating in this forum are not able to make the changes that you are insisting be made to the software.

Regards,

Kevin

Good lord, simple minds and the blind leading the blind. Both of you vets have totally missed the point and moreover totally misunderstood the problem. I doubt you yet understand the technical issue, but more importantly, you're suspiciously eager to defend Cyberlink without even having read this thread, let alone the others in forum. Cyberlink is actively monitoring the threads. And there are numerous support tickets out on this issue. But they don't give a shit. Get it? The fact that you two don't either has zero meaning, because you probably aren't running a sophisticated setup, or even more probably don't have hardly any technical competence.

Now go away. The whole reason for this thread, in case you hadn't noticed and were just trolling, is that there is an unresolved problem causing numerous people grief. So thanks for nothing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2010 15:11

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
You make assumptions based on very little experience. I was correct in your anticipated answer. It really doesn't mean anything in mthe end and my prediction is completely irrelevant. But I have seen your type before and in my opinion you completely miss the point.
Kevin wrote:

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Paul M. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: You make assumptions based on very little experience. I was correct in your anticipated answer. It really doesn't mean anything in mthe end and my prediction is completely irrelevant. But I have seen your type before and in my opinion you completely miss the point.
Kevin wrote:

Great, Nostradamus. Try substance next time. You sound like a teenaged poet.
[Post New]
Oh MY!!! You mean Cyberlink is monitoring my messages in this forum...Yikes! What an unexpected pleasure...Hi Cyberlink.

And yes, Looking Cap'n Kevin and RobertJ/OZ time on this forum nets to a little more than 10 years experience...How DARE them profess to know more than you Paul!! The almost 2000 posts they have are certainly of no help to the users...your comments (Paul) are MUCH more helpful. NOT!! Heck, you haven't even bothered to create ONE of your own posts, just whined/piggybacked on other's posts!!

Please see link below..as I am sure you hate this product now. And I agree with your statement below..you ARE a Dork!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWweqP_ZWbg

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 14. 2010 15:22

Paul M. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Oh MY!!! You mean Cyberlink is monitoring my messages in this forum...Yikes! What an unexpected pleasure...Hi Cyberlink.

And yes, Looking Cap'n Kevin and RobertJ/OZ time on this forum nets to a little more than 10 years experience...How DARE them profess to know more than you Paul!! The almost 2000 posts they have are certainly of no help to the users...your comments (Paul) are MUCH more helpful. NOT!!

Please see link below..as I am sure you hate this product now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWweqP_ZWbg

Wow. What a dork.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Paul M,

I'm a Moderator on this forum, just a video editor, and I've read all of this thread, from start to finish.
I've read the bits and unwelcome parts of everyone's contribution here.

Ok, here's how this ends up, so I don't have to waste any more of your time or mine.

I lock this thread or I remove it - my choice.

I issue you with a warning privately (or publicly) informing you that you will be banned - zapped.

I give you a number of reasons, ultimately boiling down to your abuse of members and insulting behaviour, I could include bad language.

You don't like my post and rant some more and are banned.

So, here's what you need to do. LEAVE the forums and don't return. You've said your bit and you've posted sufficiently.

You then contact Technical Support and see if they answer you, if they don't, TOUGH, you live with it.
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

This thread is now closed.

Goodbye.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 14. 2010 15:52