Joined: 15/07/2010 08:08:18
If I click the play button it says "Loading Blu-ray Disc" and just stops. If I click play again it will ask if I want to Resume or Restart. Click Restart and it loads then stops. Click Restart and get Error Code 80040256 Internal error
Resoultion to issue:
Tech support will have you do the following
1. Update Graphics card and Sound card drivers. You may contact the manufacturer of Graphics card and Sound card manufacturer or the computer manufacturer to get the latest drivers.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Click on Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Display.
4. Click on the Settings Tab.
5. Click on Advanced Button.
6. Click on Troubleshoot Button.
7. Move the Slider for Hardware Acceleration to maximum.
8. Install the latest patch release for PowerDVD 10 (ultra, Deluxe, standard - Whatever ver. you have) from the link below.
If the issue persist, send Tech support the following info:
A) Send a system log file (DxDiag.txt log file) for analysis.
To create the DxDiag.txt log file follow the steps below:
1. Click on Start.
2. Click on All Programs.
3. Click on Accessories.
4. Click on Run.
5. Type "DxDiag".
6. Click OK.
7. A DirectX Diagnostic tool window will open up and you will see a green bar going from left to right on the bottom left corner of the screen.
8. Click on Save all information button once the green bar disappear.
9. Save this file on the desktop and send the file to me for further analysis.
B) In the inquiry include the Serial number. SR should be like "SR_No=XXXXXX_XX". Please follow the link given below to know how to find the serial number:
C) Please send me the snapshot of the error screen with full desktop. I will look at the screen capture, analyze and send you a solution or provide more information.
To take a screen shot, press Print Screen key on your keyboard when this error comes. Then go to Start>programs>Accessories>Paint. Paste the screen capture there by pressing Ctrl+V or alt+Edit+Paste. Save the file and send to me for analysis.
D) Blu-Ray titles (with region code) that you are trying to play.
E) Results of the BD/3D advisor which you can download from the link below:
At this point I still had the error code. Tech support had me do the following:
In regards to your concern, I would suggest you to please uninstall the software using our CLCleaner tool and then, reinstall it.
I am providing you the link for CLCleaner below :
You just need to run the above link and follow it. It will uninstall the program.
Now, you need to reinstall the CyberLink PowerDVD 10
Unfortunately you need to contact tech support at this point anyway for them to send you a link to reinstall PowerDVD and receive a user name/ password to log into the download.
Once it was reinstalled it worked fine. Hopefully this helps a little before contacting Tech support.