Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can Power2Go do the Following / Unable to obtain Information
Barb12345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2011 17:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I made a good effort to ask Customer Service / Tech Support about a needed feature. From what I can tell no one actually read my question. The reply asked me what media I am using. So far I am not impressed with support. My hope is that someone can reply in this forum, before I give up on this product.

In regards to the file list for what will be burned to disk, the folder location is missing. I have multiple projects that use the same file name. It is nearly impossible to tell if the correct file (based on folder location on my hard disk) was added to the project.

Is there any way another column could be added? Even a user defined one would be decent. Alternatively, being able to see the full file properties would be helpful.

Thanks for any insight to my question and why customer service did not read my question.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barb,
please let be know your case ID - I want to check the case

As far as I understood you ask for option to show the source file location?

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Barb12345 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I need to be able to see the full path location for every source file. I have sent you a private email with the ticket Id number.

I am very baffled why support would ask me to explain the steps I took, what media I was using, etc. My question is about the display. It is almost like no one read my question and just replied with a blanket response. A bit discouraging and I hope this is just a fluke for support.
Barb12345 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now "technical support" is trying to tell me that this is somehow a limitation of FAT. The tech assured me that folders can be added and the burning a cd works. He then went on to tell me that there is NO NEED to know the path of the file on my hard disk and this is never used.

I am so frustrated and I really do not get it. I asked a very simple and straight forward question. I never asked how to burn a cd. I never asked about when is on the cd after the burn. I asked about the display on the screen. I can see the file name and the time. The path is very important to me. How can they not understand my question after I have explained it three times.

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

your suggestion has been forwarded to our product planning team

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Barb12345 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I made several attempts to find someone in sales or support that understood my simple question. All I got back was an explanation that seeing the full file name, path, with my inclusion of the time/date stamp was basically useless. This seems like a rude reply as I really do require this.

Thankfully I have found another product that has this feature, they were more receptive, and a few dollars less expensive.

If anyone at the company cares, the support/sales was unprofessional. Sadly, based on the grammar none of the people that replied to my questions knew English. I am not trying to be picky, but a bit more training might be a good idea.

I have deleted the product and would not recommend it.