Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
music files ripped from audio disks to hard drive not playable?
richboypa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2011 19:20 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I ripped three audio disks to my hard drive in mp3 format after installing the retail version 7 of power2go. they all appeared to be playable, in fact, I tested one of the files that night. The following night none of the music files were playable. What could be going on here? I'm lost....
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please contact the Custome Support about your issue.
It does not sound related to Power2Go - what player do you use

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
richboypa [Avatar]
[Post New]
HI Michael,
I will submit this to Customer Support.

The player is fine, it plays the music on the actual disks with no problem, and plays other music files purchased from various sources. What it doesn't play is music ripped from audio disks using the retail version 7 of power2go.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please post more info:

- what format do you ripped to (bitrate...)
- what player do you use that fails
- can you provide a sample?

Werde Facebook Fan
richboypa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael, Thanks for responding. I apologize for not providing detail, but I thought you were telling me to submit this to CS. (CS has just proven to be worse than useless by telling me not to attempt to eject the disk while ripping!)
In answer to your questions:
--I'm ripping to mp3 format at 128k bps
--I'm using the Windows Media player that came installed
--I could provide a sample file &/or screen shots of power2go but I can't figure out how to attached files to these messages
[Post New]
Hi,
to attach files you need to use the "postreply" button - then you can see the option to add attachments

Please also post more system info:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17720.page

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
richboypa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael! Thanks for all the time you're spending on this issue; I sincerely appreciate it. I've included an example file that does not work. I've done my best to get you more information to work with:

"Please make sure to have installed the latest Version of PowerDVD. Free Patches can be found...."
**both version 7 patches have been applied

1. PowerDVD Version (full version from about box like 6.1.abcd)
2. PowerDVD SR number (it is not the CD-Key and can be found in the about box)
**P2G110624-05
3. The DXDIAG Log file
**attached
4. the used writer (model)
**?
5. the Power2Go logfile (if any created at the end of burn fail)
**I wasn't able to find the logfile (still having a hard time navigating in Win7)
6. have you installed virtual Disc Drives? (Which brand and version?)
**No
 Filename
01 All At Once.mp3
[Disk]
 Description
mp3 ripped from cd
 Filesize
175 bytes
 Downloaded:
305 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
The DXDIAG Log file
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
267 time(s)
[Post New]
Hi,

I can still not reprodcue your issue - can you please list down all the codec packs you have installed.

Thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
richboypa [Avatar]
[Post New]
HI Michael,
Thanks for your reply. I have no idea how to list the codecs on my notebook, so I checked the installed program list in the control panel and found only one: K-Lite Codec Pack v7.0.0 I am assuming that the file output by Power2Go that I forwarded to you was unplayable for you as well?
Thanks, again, Rich.
[Post New]
Hi,

suggest to uninstall K-Lite Codec pack and re-install P2Go

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
richboypa [Avatar]
[Post New]
HI Michael
Thanks for your email. I took your advice, and was not successful. I uninstalled Power2Go, then uninstalled the K-Lite codec pack. I restarted the laptop, just to be thorough. I attempted to re-install the Power2Go software and received an error message that I could not install the upgrade to the Power2Go software as the program no longer on my laptop. .... I downloaded and installed a trial version of the software in an attempt to have the software installed, so that I could apply the upgrade, but had no luck; I received the same error message. Please see the attached error message. Any ideas? I now do not have the program I paid for installed on my laptop in a useable form as the trial version will run out at some point in the future.
[Thumb - no install 10302011.jpg]
 Filename
no install 10302011.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
293 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
184 time(s)
[Post New]
Hi,

to install upgrade version a pre-installed Version is mandatory right now. Please contact the Support they willl help you on this matter

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
richboypa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael,
Thanks, I will get back to you if I am able to resolve this with Customer Service.
Rich