Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
File Broken
Rex [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2007 17:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
After much editing time on a recent project the program stopped running in the middle of trimming some footage. After restarting the computer and program and trying to open the PDS file, it showed me the File Broken box. All other projects open OK. How do I fix this broken file?
Kintara [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bristol, England, UK Joined: Aug 29, 2007 15:43 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rex,
Sorry to say that it looks like you have a dufunct project. The pds file (altought it is a text file) is long and complicated and nearly impossible to repair. Your only hope (Obi-Wan) is to revert to a previously saved version of your projects pds file (you did save the project using different filenames didn't you? i.e. Project01.pds, Project02.pds etc "saved as" after every change/hour) or if you are lucky there will be a backup version of the pds file (same name but with a .bak extension to the filename.)

Hope all is not lost for you

Kintara Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.