CyberLink Community Forum
Code 80040256  XML
Forum Index » PowerDVD (previous versions)
PeterV

Hi

Can anyone help me please

I can play CD and DVD but not Blue ray . I get the internal error code 80040256.

I do have a Blue ray player in my HP Lap Top running Windows 7 64bit

Regards

Peter
CyberLink-Michael

Administrator
[Avatar]

Hi,
please contact the customer support team

thanks
Michael

Technical Support
[WWW]
bionciman

See Following Link:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/19730.page#103864
kelley

i've went thru all the options across several of these posts and it appears that the best option i have is to delete your product and go with someone else. you clearly have no clue how to support your own product and to do such an injustice to the disk drives your crap product is bundled with...
alvincht

[Avatar]

Not really, give customer support a chance and see how it works for you first.
stevek

Senior Contributor

kelley wrote:i've went thru all the options across several of these posts and it appears that the best option i have is to delete your product and go with someone else. you clearly have no clue how to support your own product and to do such an injustice to the disk drives your crap product is bundled with...

Not "our" product. We are not technical support; we are users with a little more experience. I have used almost every video editing and player program out there and this is the best. In my opinion at least.

Contact support.

Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
CPU Solutions desktop
Alienware laptop MX17-R4
drewwerd

The customer support is a joke. I have been working on this same issue for over a month. They have given me update after update and I still get the same 80040256 error message.
AlanMintaka

I have been through the same runaround with Cyberlink Tech Support RE "Internal Error 800401F9", as well as the forum link given in one of your responses. FWIW, tech support never gave me the advice that the other thread suggests "tech support will have you do tbe following....". They told me to download the "CLcleaner" programs to uninstall all traces of earlier versions of PowerDVD, then told me to reinstall everything using password-protected installation program download links. The passwords they gave me didn't work. Finally they just removed password protection on the downloads and I was able to download and install them.

After all that, I still got the "Internal Error" message. Different error code number than yours, but same result - I can't play any Blu-Rays with PowerDVD 10.

Ultimately, the "fix" is to pay for an update from PowerDVD 10 to PowerDVD 12.

drewwerd, if you find decent media player software that can play Blu-Rays, please post your findings here. I'm looking too, because Cyberlink is clearly not the solution.

PS: the forum guys had a point with disavowing Cyberlink as "their" software. This really is a user forum, and the poor quality of Cyberlink software is not the fault of the forum moderators or supporters.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/12/2012 21:53:50

stevek

Senior Contributor

I did a little more looking and two common themes are Windows Media Player and audio card.

Did you check to make sure that your laptop met all the requirements? Did you run the blu-ray/3D adviser? What did that say?

Please post the results of the dxdiag evaluation of the laptop. Part B here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Make sure you have the latest version of Windows Media Player and Quicktime on your computer.

Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
CPU Solutions desktop
Alienware laptop MX17-R4
Læirbag

Hi I Also had that error And I found I deactivated a product software licensing service or something like that related to the installation of Cyberlink PowerD.V.D.. I always deactivate useless and unknown stuff and now I know The "purpose and usefulness" of that thing. Hope you find this info usefull...
[Email]

Forum Index » PowerDVD (previous versions)
Go to: