Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
disabling aero
jad2011 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2011 03:13 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
i bought power dvd 11 but ended up going back to power dvd 10 because of the annoying bugs in 11.
one of them annoying bugs is power dvd 11 disabling windows 7 aero and putting it into basic.
it's nice not getting that in 10,
anyway has that aero bug been fixed in power dvd 11 yet as i am a bit fed up that i bought the full version digital download and paid all that money and i am not using it because of the bugs, and no the update on the 1st sept has not fixed it.
can someone let me know as i might starting to fight for my money back for cyberlink selling a faulty product to me.
thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2011 01:51

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

you can enable/disable the AERO behaviour in PowerDVD

Settings > BLu-ray Disc > Advanced > Aero

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Doesn't always work though, Michael -- even if you tell PDVD to leave Aero switched on, there are still times when it just switches Aero off anyway.

Is this a bug, or intentional activity on PDVD's part under certain circumstances?
(And is there any info on what those circumstances are?)
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

this is highligy dependent on VGA and VGA driver capabilities.
Soome VGA/Driver do not support this mode correctly.

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
I think it must be disc-related. In my case, Aero usually functions just fine even when I've got a Blu-ray running, but on some titles, Aero shuts down every time those titles play.

So I wonder: Can BD-Java do things like shut down Aero, or is it a Windows-generated thing based on resource demands? Or is it coming from PowerDVD, based on the coding of those discs?
[Post New]
Hi,

it depends on the disc content (h.264/MPEG-2/VC-1), sometimes the renderer can not work in AERO mode on some VGA, causing AERO to be disabled

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Thanks, that's what I suspected. Does Cyberlink make available a list of which videocards, or their specifications, this happens with? So that people planning on using Power DVD can build an optimal system?
[Post New]
Hi Bran,
no we do not have such list, and there are no plans to release such list in the future.

br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Ok, thanks mate.

Then is there a suggestion anywhere for the minimal specs for a video card that will avoid this issue arising?