Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
'Burn any media to any disc' ???
Grandad Ron [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 17, 2009 04:36 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Reading the blurb on the POWER2GO site - including the part about 128gb onto a Blu Ray I purchased it.

I just set out to copy video files, MPEG 2, MPEG 4 and/or H264 to Blu Ray and I can't find any access point to do that.
Quite accidentally I did burn a perfect Blu Ray Data Disc with a 2 hour MPEG 4 file. Plays back with the full MPEG 4 quality on the computer but not on the blu ray player, of course.

BUT I can't find the way of burning a Blu Ray Video. Or have I missed the turning ?

I do appreciate that I have it on PD9 Ultra !

WHAT DOES BURN ANY MEDIA TO ANY DISC actually mean ?

Any advice would, as always, be appreciated.

GR
Prime7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2006 09:05 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Hi GR,
Burn any media to any disc = Burn any data file into any disc when you're burning in Data.

To meet your needs, I suggest you try PowerDirector 9

Best Regards,
Brandon
Grandad Ron [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 17, 2009 04:36 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brandon,

As I said in my original piece I do have PD9.

Over the last week I have already been confused with the word(s) data file because I have always understood that everything produced by a computer was 'DATA',

Now POWER2GO comes up with the phrase MEDIA which I have, up to now, taken to mean TV, Film. Newspapers etc.

Ironically I didn't actually buy POWER2GO to burn the normal BD because PD9 does that absolutely perfectly, BUT I read that, when the time came, I could put my videos onto the 128gb BD - at least that's how I read it.

Do people actually store DATA on 128gb discs ?

I did buy POWER2GO to try and produce a DVD-Video near the quality of the original HD Video, or even the Blu Ray but I'm afraid I have failed in that endeavour as well.

What I have done is to produce, (in error) a DVD-DATA disc from an MPEG 4 video file with near perfect quality but, of course, I can only play it on the computer. If only I could make use of this mistake to get the quality I need on a DVD-Video Disc. SAME DISC, SAME ORIGINAL FILE !!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

GR
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Burn any media to any disc = Burn any data file into any disc when you're burning in Data.

Does it look like I am "lol"?

You are correct, if you read the overview page it does say

Give your video disc a new look with a stylish, professional looking DVD menu. Customizable with your own videos, pictures and text, create a menu that best suits your needs with Power2Go 7 data and DVD burning software.

If, however, you hop to the version comparison page the disc format support section says

BD-R | BD-RE
DVD-R/RW | DVD+R/RW
CD-R/RW

Since you can burn a slide-show to Blu-Ray, this is somewhat confusing.

As a matter of fact, I can't find any of your products that will burn a Blu-Ray folder (such as created by PD10) to disc.