Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Change Capture Folder Location
jtb9265 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 22, 2011 16:57 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I just got a new computer with YouCam version 3.5 installed on it, and I can't change the Capture Location.

I look under 'Settings', and I can see the option there, but it is grayed out and won't let me alter the location.

The user's manual says to click '....' to change, but I don't see a '....' icon anywhere.

Please help!

This should be a VERY simple fix, I'm just stumped.

Thanks, Jeff
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
can you please provide the SR number and the full Version number of your YouCam? (SR is not the CD-KEy and is shown in the about box)

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
jtb9265 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael,

I can't find the SR - my YouCam came pre-loaded on my computer. I believe I'm asking a pretty simple question. Just looking to change the Capture Folder, yet the file path is grayed-out, and won't allow me to change it under Settings.

Hope you can provide a solution.

Thanks, Jeff

P.S. I submitted this question to the Forum AND Tech Support
jtb9265 [Avatar]
[Post New]
My support ticket ID is: CS001050609
UnluckyForSome [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2011 11:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have exactly the same issue, the folder is greyed out in the settings menu so I can't change it. Help!
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please provide the exact Version and SR number (SR is not Serial Key)

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
UnluckyForSome [Avatar]
[Post New]
3.5.1.3922 (BE)

YUC110429-01
jtb9265 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael,

Please get us a resolution, as I'm apparently not the only one with this issue.

Thanks.
wyattstorch42 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2011 22:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Has this issue been resolved yet?
jtb9265 [Avatar]
[Post New]
No, it hasn't. No resolution from CyberLink yet.
UnluckyForSome [Avatar]
[Post New]
Why did cyberlink insist on us giving them our details if they wont respond to the problem??
[Post New]
Hi,
the issue has been escalated and we are investigating it

Werde Facebook Fan
jtb9265 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Michael. It's appreciated, though I'm not quite sure why this straightforward question needs to be 'escalated' - it's simply just how to change the destination folder! That said, please get us a resolution ASAP. Thanks a lot. JTB
jtb9265 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael, it's been almost 3 weeks since my last contact... any resolution to this issue yet??

Thanks, Jeff
[Post New]
Hi,
sorry, no fix release yet

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
jtb9265 [Avatar]
[Post New]
So they're aware of the problem then? In other words, there's nothing we can do until a fix is released? Obviously, please let me know the moment this becomes available. JTB
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Micheal and JTB,

Actually, from what I know HP asked that changing the capture folder be removed for its OEM 3.5 version. I know this because we got an ebug to correct the help for future releases.

In the latest version, the help is updated to indicate that the capture folder cannot be changed.

If you want the ability to change the folder, then you will unfortunately need to purchase a full retail version.

Regards,
David
jtb9265 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not the answer I wanted David, but I appreciate the information. What a weird request from HP... why would they care if someone wanted to change the capture folder??? And also odd that there's no fix for those of us who do. Jeff
wtf999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2012 00:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The workaround I use is a freebie backup program: Yadis! Backup from: www.codessentials.com/products/yadisbackup.html
This program backs up folders and files automatically in real time to wherever you want them. I send my captured photos to a different laptop on my home network but you can put them in any folder on the same computer or a flash drive, whatever. You still have the photos and videos in the original capture destination, but they can be deleted at will if that is what you want.

K.Aust1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2012 22:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael,
I'm having the same problem, and was wondering whether there has been a solution developed in the last year.
My version is 3.5.0.4606 (DE) and SR is YUC110706-02.
Cheers,
Kristy