Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Getting the best out of HD Video
Grandad Ron [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 17, 2009 04:36 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Burning DVDs from video files on PD9 has consistently produced discs with what I take to be 'combing' - where the edge of the image is marked with a sort of serrated set of small black lines.

I've burned Blu Ray discs with PD9 and they are fantastic, BUT I have to create a set of DVDs for parents who want copies of the School Play.

I thought I had solved it when I tried Power2Go Version 6 - when I burned an mp4 file at both Best and High Quality to produce a disc without combing. However it would only play on the Windows Media Player, Trying Power DVD 10 I was informed that 'THERE IS A DISC WITH AN UNSUPPORTED FORMAT IN DRIVE 'D.

I have also tried H264 and MPEG2 files and they again work with the Windows Media Player but not Power DVD10. Some work my my new DVD/Blu Ray Player and some do not.

I've just downloaded Power2Go Version 7 and get the same results. I also get the same results if I drop the file into Roxio.

Can anybody help ?

Thanks

GR

Grandad Ron [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 17, 2009 04:36 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Getting into Power2Go too quickly I'm pretty sure that I have created the first couple of discs as DVD DATA and not DVD Video.

I don't quite understand the differerence because isn't it all data anyway ?

What it does show is that it is possible to get HD data (MPEG4) onto a disc with some quality, certainly without any, or very little, 'combing' - it even shows in the scrolling titles.

It plays perfectly well on the Windows Media Player, but not on Power DVD 10 and for some reason this full 56 minute version doesn't play on the DVD Player whereas snippets I burned earlier do play.

I found the Power2Go screen for DVD Video and once I saw that the screen was virtually the same as the 'CREATE' screen on PD9
I realised that I was back where I started.

I have to find the way to get the quality of image on DVD that I have just achieved - BUT HOW ?

However, I won't give up !

Thanks

GR