Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
no audio with .MTS video
RS4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 10, 2011 03:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to import .MTS video files which are stored in .MTS format. If I try to import these files I get a message that this version does not support dolby digital audio. I can import and edit the video but there is no sound at all. How do I get any audio with these files?

System:
Windows 7 (64 bit)
4GB RAM
Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Based on the message, it sounds like you have a OEM version of PD8, like PDR-HE, PDR-DE or something. What PD8 version are you using? The full version of PD8 (Deluxe and Ultra) both support Dolby 5.1. If you want to use your version of PD8, your best option would be to use a video conversion utility and change the audio to LPCM and then edit that file in your version of PD8.

Jeff
RS4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 10, 2011 03:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply. I think that is indeed the problem. I'll change the audio to LPCM.