Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 9 is not the only editor with major issues.....
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Apple Offers Refunds for Unhappy Final Cut Pro X Users

see article here.........

http://www.pcworld.com/article/234812/apple_offers_refunds_for_unhappy_final_cut_pro_x_users.html#tk.rss_news __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Just to give this a bump...
I must admit, after the most recent patch to 2930, PowerDirector 9 is proving to be a blast to edit with.
There are several "minor" issues regarding the user-interface for me, but I have stopped seeking a new NLE.
My needs/wants for PD:
1. A better photo plug-in (STRAIGHTEN please).
2. Duration button for transitions.
3. More right-click options.
4. Move link-unlink from beneath the mantle of the Earth.
5. Fix Smartsound fully.
6. Deal with the MP3 problems.
7. Directorzone needs slideshow and mask categories.

I actually love this program again. Perhaps I can find something new to be crabby about.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2011 09:03

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps I can find something new to be crabby about

Me probably.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Chesney Digital Studio
Newbie Location: Grosse Pointe Park, MI Joined: Jul 09, 2011 14:51 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah right. I've been using PD for just a couple of months and after 10 years of living in a Pinnacle Studio NIGHTMARE, I am in utter disbelief at how well Power Director works, and for around the same price as Pinnacle! What the heck!? It must be ALL ABOUT software design, rather than the idea that you need to just keep dumping thousands of dollars year after year in upgraded hardware. I'm amazed! **View profile for system specifics
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Don't underestimate the value of new hardware, most of us have been down that road, it still matters. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Chesney Digital Studio
Newbie Location: Grosse Pointe Park, MI Joined: Jul 09, 2011 14:51 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
@Barrythecrab No doubt, but there is something shocking about the way Power Director works- it simply does what you want it to do immediately. WHY is there no render bar to wait on when a transition is placed in the timeline like other programs? I just can't believe the difference and after being told for years that my hardware, which always exceeded the minimum specs, still wasn't good enough, it's refreshing to be able to rely on a program that actually does what it's supposed to. **View profile for system specifics