Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Stuttering/Skipping Playback
rda10002002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2011 00:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD 11 Ultra full
PowerDVD SR Number DVD110510-11
PowerDVD TR Number TR110524-018
Operating System 64 bit
Admin account
Retail version
Nvidia 9800 GT
video driver 275.33
Realtek High Definition Audio
audio driver 6.00.0001.6363
speaker setting 5.1
Liteon iHES208, Driver 6.01.7601.17514
Acer 233x
HDMI connection
Refresh rate is 60)
single display
Norton Security Suite
IE Chrome

For the past week or so I have been having terrible stuttering during play back. Every minute to minute and a half the video and audio cuts out for a few seconds. I have tried a clean install of powerdvd after running the cleaner. I have reinstalled my video and audio drivers. I have never had this issue before and can not think of a way to solve it. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how did you solve it?
 Filename
New Text Document (2).txt
[Disk]
 Description
BD Advisor
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
349 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
257 time(s)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

your issue sounds like a performance issue.

I need some more info:

1. does it happen on DVD, BD or File (or on all)
2. does this issue happen after updating to latest NVIDIA VGA driver?
3. while this issue happen please call up the TASKMANAGER and check
- CPU load (overall)
- any process or application consuming high CPU load?
4. Try to playback without AV running
- disconnect from Internet
- stop AV
- start PDVD
- playback

thanks and BR
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 30. 2011 04:03

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
rda10002002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have tested it on bd dvd and files and it seems to happen on bd and dvds. I have tried a different disc drive and it happens on it as well, even with different sata cords and ports. I have tried to update to the newest beta driver as well as the current driver and have the same issues. I did not notice any processes running in the background that was eating cpu or ram, cpu stayed around 8 which it always has been. And as far as the AV and no net, well it still stuttered.(audio/video paused while the taming still went forward, then having the audio restart and the video jump to catch up after a few seconds.
rda10002002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK so i am extremely stumped now. I did a reinstal of my windows os, and I am getting the same problems as befor. Now unless i have 2 faulty drives, one that has been unhooked and not used but working when last used. Or I am missing something driver or software wise, but any help would be great
rda10002002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK so i have a clean install of windows with nothing but the main programs needed to run(no AV or anything). And I have power dvd 11 on with all the updated drivers and patches and it still stutters.
 Filename
DxDiag64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
255 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag32.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
344 time(s)
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please try to use your monitor with native resolution

br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 04. 2011 10:57

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
rda10002002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have tried at many diffrent resolutions even the native one. All seem to give me the same issue. befor this started to happen i could watch BD and dvds in this resolution
[Post New]
Hi,

could you help to test MediaPlayer for DVD playback - is it OK?

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
rda10002002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
DVDs work fine on the newest windows media player
[Post New]
Hi,

thanks for x-check.

can you please send me you mail by using the "PM" button?

Our RD is highly interested in this issue and would like to get in contact with you directly

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
rda10002002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
So after 3 hours and 3 or 4 member of the R&D department there was no fix to my issue. I was told i would be contacted at some point and not informed on what the issue may be related to. I have gone as far as to wipe anything cyberlink off of my pc both in regular mode and safe mode. Reinstalled with no luck. Tho i did do a codec check and it seems that the cyberlink codec's are missing or broken. Anyone know of a fix for this? Maybe this is the main cause of my issues
 Filename
klcp_codec_log.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
404 time(s)
[Thumb - codec.png]
 Filename
codec.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
121 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
181 time(s)
AndreGB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2011 21:18 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting, I am having this problem as well. I just can't tell when or for what reason it began.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8400GT using the same driver version as you are. Windows Vista 32-bits. I have also tried all of Michael's suggestion. I will try to downgrade the driver later and will let you know if I had any success.
AndreGB [Avatar]
[Post New]
So, RDA, I've rolled back my NVIDIA drivers to 258.96 and all my stuttering problems are gone. Wow, I am really dissapointed to NVIDIA for dropping the quality of their video drivers.

And CyberLink. Maybe you should try to contact NVIDIA about this? Maybe they have screwed the compatibility with PowerDVD and a lot of other people might be expericing this issue and blaming you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2011 12:07

rda10002002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
So almost a month has gone by and I am still left with stuttering/skipping playback. I am waiting for the R/D to figure out what the issue is. One thing i have found is it seems that some of the codec may be missing from powerdvd. And thank you Andre for the info on the driver, but i could play all movies just fine with the current driver befor, so I am wondering why that has changed now. And rolling back a driver wont help me as I play PC games as well
[Thumb - codec.png]
 Filename
codec.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
121 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
172 time(s)
 Filename
klcp_codec_log.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
311 time(s)
AndreGB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh, i see your pain. I do play games as well, but not on this computer. It is strange, though, that my problems are gone now that I've rolled back drivers.