Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copyright in Metadata
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using PhotoDirector with photos taken with a Pentax k-r. The k-r has a field for Copyright which I have filled in. PhotoDirector has a copyright field in metadata but it shows as "not available". Shouldn't this be filled out with the copyright info I have entered? PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
Prime7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2006 09:05 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Hi wjr002,
Yes, PhotoDirector should show the copyright field in metadata, if there is data in there. Does Windows' file property show anything in the copyright field?

Regards,
Brandon
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi wjr002,
Yes, PhotoDirector should show the copyright field in metadata, if there is data in there. Does Windows' file property show anything in the copyright field?

Regards,
Brandon

Yes. Details tab in file properties shows the Copyright name under Copyright as well as an Authors property with the copyright field showing "Not available" when viewed in PhotoDirector.

Files exported from PhotoDirector after editing have that Copyright field stripped of data. So, it seems photodirector doesn't read the field (for a Pentax k-r at least) and then exports the field as blank.
Note this is for jpeg files. I haven't checked with RAW yet.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 30. 2011 06:58

Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi wjr002,
Interesting! Any sample file for me to try?

Regards,
Brandon
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Interesting! Any sample file for me to try?

Regards,
Brandon

Sure. Where to send one? It'll be about 4.8 MB
Note: OS is Windows 7 64 bit.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Attach it to a reply in this thread. hit the 'Post reply' button and you will see the place to attach it. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Attach it to a reply in this thread. hit the 'Post reply' button and you will see the place to attach it.

attached.
[Thumb - IMGP0275.JPG]
 Filename
IMGP0275.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5496 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
263 time(s)
PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi wjr002,
Thanks a lot for the upload. I can see your issue now.

I tried to append a character 'a' to the copyright field in file property in Windows Explorer without changing anything else. Then imported to PhD, 'BILL_RODGERSa' is displayed in Copyright. -> Doesn't look like character set issue to me.

I also tried copying the copyright string from file property in Windows Explorer and paste it into notepad. Then copy it from notepad back to the copyright string in file property in Windows Explorer. The Copyright field in PhD can also show expected content correctly.

This is odd. I've reported your issue to the product team for further investigation.

Regards,
Brandon
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks a lot for the upload. I can see your issue now.

I tried to append a character 'a' to the copyright field in file property in Windows Explorer without changing anything else. Then imported to PhD, 'BILL_RODGERSa' is displayed in Copyright. -> Doesn't look like character set issue to me.

I also tried copying the copyright string from file property in Windows Explorer and paste it into notepad. Then copy it from notepad back to the copyright string in file property in Windows Explorer. The Copyright field in PhD can also show expected content correctly.

This is odd. I've reported your issue to the product team for further investigation.

Regards,
Brandon

Thanks Brandon.
It's very odd!
I just tested more and if I edit the copyright field in Properties in Windows explorer it doesn't show in PhD but if I export that file and import it back in then it shows.
Regards,
Bill
Prime7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Bill,
Just to update you that this issue is fixed in latest PhD 2011 patch, v1928. Pls refer to
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18409.page for details.

Regards,
Brandon

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 23. 2011 09:09