Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2Go or Instantburn
freemilly [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2011 05:30 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have some HD DVD footage from my HD Camcorder. I have a sony bluray disc burner and want to burn the footage. Am I best using Instantburn (which seems easier to me!) or Power2Go? Does anyone know the differences between the two. I downloaded the user guide for Instanburn and it said that if I want to pass the disc onto friends that I should use Power2Go, anyone know why that is?

thanks muchly
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
If you want to pass a Disc to someone else, or want to use it on another PC it is recommended to use P2G because it can not guaranteed that the Disc created with instantburn or any other similar app can be used on those PCs/Devices

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
freemilly [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2011 05:30 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
hi

thanks for the reply. So looks like Power2Go is the way to go. Just out of interest then, what would I use Instantburn for? I've already formatted a disc for it so I'll need to put something else on that. I guess something that I won't want to share with someone else? Also, there are no issues like that around Power2Go?

thanks