Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Interesting Bug?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I have a short 1080i AVCHD from a Canon camcorder and a transparent PNG image that I created in PhotoShop.

I place the video clip in track one and the image in track 2.
With the image highlighted, I click the 'Modify' button and choose the center tab
Check the boxes for 'Fade In' and 'Fade Out'.
Now, slide the keyframes to shorten the duration of the fade.
Click the 'Ok' button

Back in Edit mode, I set the timeline to movie mode and all tracks except the one with the image is disabled with the little red X.

It also happens with a JPG and nothing else in the timeline. Can someone verify this? Could there be a useful purpose for this that I am missing, or just a bug?

Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jamie,

Reported back in March.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16406.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2011 02:53

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
and - CP - you've failed to mention that...

Barry has been reporting it almost constantly, since!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Didn't want to get him riled up again. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
I think you do really? Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carsten,

If you have any problems with Barry, just tell him that I will send my mate (on the left) to discuss lunch with his crab

Robert

His name is Rex and he is over 5 metres long, lives in North Queensland, but fancies a holiday to the USA

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2011 04:30

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I've seen my timelines "X'ed" out 100 friggin' times. I have a serious piece I want to do for local TV, but it's got hundreds of PIPs and that would give me thousands of X's. CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK, etc.
CL should be embarassed of themselves at this point.
Even took the liberty to send Tech Support (a misnomer) the link to the Forum thread.
CL should spend less time trying to dominate the world of media and more time fixing what they already got paid to do.
Oh, RJ, it looks as if you've developed a nassssty skin condition... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks. I don't know how I've missed this so far. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM