Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How Do I Fade in and Fade Out Titles?
kc27 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 24, 2011 01:49 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]

I'm using PowerDirector 9. want the title to fade in, display for a few seconds, then fade out. I've placed the titles on the Title Track. But then what? I've looked in the animation settings in the Title Editor, no fade in/fade out there. I see a first and fourth key frame marker in the tiltle editor, but no opacity settings. The transition effects only apply to the video track.

I've refered to the Power Director 9 User's Guide, searched the forums and still can't make my titles behave the way I want them to. Can someone point me in the right direction of how to accomplish the effect I am seeking?

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Well, photbucket is down right now, so I can't upload a screen shot, but click on the title and click the modify button. In the window that opens, click the center tab. At the bottom there will be a button for the starting effect and ending effect. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Here it is.

Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi kc27

Welcome to the forum :

Here's two PD instruction videos from PDToots from Youtube. They are using PD8 in this tutorial but the basics are the same for PD9.

The second video at 2min 34sec shows how to add title transitions

Happy editing

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/9/jXG2jDTHyKw

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/8/ccSNU_Z7BRc

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 26. 2011 01:56

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

kc27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks you VERY MUCH guys. I got it working. I had the answer surrounded last night, but just couldn't put all the pieces together. I probably should have just walked away and taken a break instead of frustrating myself knowing I was close, but just not getting it right.

Anyway, I read your responses this morning, and with the screen shot and video I figured out where I needed to go (and where I had been going wrong) in about 15 seconds.

I do have one follow-up question. If a title has multiple title text "frames" on it, how do you apply the same animation and key frame settings to all of the individual title texts?

Thanks again for youir help on my original question.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2011 07:08

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I do have one follow-up question. If a title has multiple title text "frames" on it, how do you apply the same animation and key frame settings to all of the individual title tests?

After I set up a title the way I want it to be and use multiple times, just copy and paste it where you want the next one. If you need to change the words just modify the words/fonts/color. Easy.... I just finished an annual project, it had over 250 titles but there were 75 alike at 5 seconds long, 75 alike at 43 seconds long, and 75 alike at 6 seconds long. All copy and paste after the first one and the rest were varied. Still easy.... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi kc27 -

A couple of things...

In PD9, titles can be inserted in ANY video track so it's easy to have multiple titles displayed simultaneously. These can be copied and pasted (and moved), as Bubba has described.

Just as in PD8, you can also add text "frames"/boxes within the same title object. These can have their own separate formatting if you wish.

Excuse the screen shots from PD8 - I'm away with the laptop which is much happier running PD8!

Added title boxes can be formatted separately, including starting points & effects duration.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Besides all the good info already given you can get REAL and I mean REAL creative with titles. I do all the time. Fonts, colors, fades, borders, how the text border behaves, all kinds of changes. With my projects I choose font colors to match two colors in the background or picture and fade them different directions and make changes to the borders color, fade settings, direction of shadow, and more.

Filename
ScreenCapture_5-26-2011 4.22.52 PM.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2568 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2339 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 26. 2011 19:31

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
kc27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again for all the help. I had just purchased PowerDirector 9, and was trying to finish a simple project in a short amount of time, and unfortuantely for me, with a minimum of familiarity with the software. Now that I'm no longer under the gun, I'll take some time and experiment with your suggestions and also learn from the information on this forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2011 07:18