Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burn error code eC0030011
Eugene88240 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2010 17:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Until recently I had no problems burning disks; the problem that has recently developed is an error code eC0030011 at 1% into the process every time I attempt to burn a dvd with a menu. This only happens when I use a menu. I have uninstalled and reinstalled PD9 Ultra and Content Pack several times including build patch 2702.

I believe the only software change is the upgrade to IE9 approximately 2 weeks ago, but I had not burned any projects since so an unable to know if the problem is related.

Error Message:
error code eC0030011
Transcoding engine's front end stream error might be due to:
-Broken or missing source file
- out of system memory

Attached is a dxdiag file as well as a screen print of the error message. If any of you out there have found a fix for this problem, any help or advice would be appreciated.
Intel i7 Core 920 @ 2.67 ghz; Win 7; 9GB RAM Eugene88240
Eugene88240 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2010 17:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
UPDATE: It appears that I have been able to find a solution to the dvd burn issue as described in my previous post.

Control Panel > Action Center > Windows Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
select PDR9.exe; select the option that indicated the program previously worked fine with Vista SP2 (I am running Win 7).

Hopefully this can be something others can try if they experience the same issue.

Eugene88240
Ronk [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 06, 2011 17:35 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
I have the problem, and I am on Vista SP2.
RolandRock666 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Northampton, UK Joined: Dec 05, 2009 09:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Eugene88240, I tried this and now CL is running terribly slow. Has it switched to 32bit? How do you then reverse this action?
Ronk [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was having this error and other e series errors. Experts on these forums recommended that I put all my source files on my C drive or a SATA internal hard drive and that I have a large amount of free space on my C drive before burning. This worked ... all of my e series errors went away. I now keep about 300GB free space on my C drive, and move the source files for the project I am producing from a 3 TB external hard drive onto my C drive until that project is complete. When creating a disc, it is wise to check the "Create a folder" box. Then you won't have to produce your project again if you need another copy later. Just point Power2go to that folder to burn another disc. Also, if you get an error during the burn, you have that folder to use to burn with Power2go or other burning software.
Ronk [Avatar]
[Post New]
One more thought. Eugene, my problem was also "Until recently I had no problems burning disks". I now attribute the introduction of e series errors to the fact that, over time, my C drive had less and less free space, and finally did not have enough free space for Powerdirector to burn a disc.
otown [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2011 10:00 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Just to throw my 2 cents in here.

This error is the only real problem I've been having with PD9. I run on an I7 with 8 gigs and lots of available disc space. I've completed a few projects and have created HD discs with and w/o menus, w/o problems.

The problem is when I create DVDs with menus....then I get this error. I always write the files to disc first to check them, and use other software to burn a disc. I would get this error at the end of the Final Output phase. All files would be created except the menu VOB which would be 0.

I originally found that PD9 ran better if I turned off all GPU processing in the Tools Panel. When it came to creating discs, I disabled the Hardware Encoder on the Final Output Panel.

I played around with DVDs with menus with very short projects and accidentally found that if I enabled the Hardware Encoder on the Final Output Panel then the Create Disc (in my case files on the hard drive) phase would complete...no ec003.... error.

jurgen12345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2012 04:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i have the same error code
but i do not understand how to solve the problem
can please some help
i need my own made dvd soon

greetings from the netherlands Habe als geschenk 14 stunden an eine dvd gebasteld, fotos zusammen gefügt und jetz will ich das als dvd brennen (3,4gigabyte) immer am ende 97% kommt der meldung error code eA0000006
Möglich uhrsache muxer bekommt flasche bitrate
was kann ich machen!
vielen dank Jürgen

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: i have the same error code
but i do not understand how to solve the problem
can please some help
i need my own made dvd soon

greetings from the netherlands

If you can burn a folder only, Uncheck Burn Disk. You can use disk burning software to create the Disk.

You may try lowering the burning speed for the disk.

In Create Disk module click on Burn. On the Final Output Window beside the Disk drive is as set of tools icon (Configure), Click on the tools, You can set the recording speed in next window.

Burning a folder only is more reliable.
There is plenty of disk burning software, some is free.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

DJMELANCOURT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2012 05:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When I got this error message (after 21% by the way), it turned out that all my source files were on an external disk (large capacity). I see no reason to put numerous and large files anywhere else (especially not on my system partition). Anyway, I had saved my project file (PDS) to the default location without really thinking about it.

So I copied the PDS file over to the same (external) disk as the other source files and opened that PDS from the File/Open menu. The problem was solved in a stroke.

I use menus by the way; so I don't think this error is necessarily related to the use or not of menus.

The error message includes "Broken or missing source file" as one of the possible causes. This put me on the "right" track. I think the "Out of system memory" can be set aside as most users who get this burn error have no problems related to insufficient system resources.
Carlos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2014 15:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Tambien he tenido el mismo problema y por el momento elimine la foto del menu y me dejo grabar.
mczern [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2014 14:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Reposting in PowerDirector12 Forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 14. 2014 21:35

Mike C
pippin3300 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2015 18:05 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
With regards to eC0030011, I tried enabling the hardware encoder as otown suggested, but that option is grayed out for me (Create Disc - Preferences - both h/w accel and h/w decode boxes checked or unchecked, doesn't matter). Using Windows 7 Home Premium and Professional, both 64-bit, on two computers. Choosing "No Menu" on the Create Disk tab works around the error. Is there a proven fix?