Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ERROR CODE 0121 PowerDVD 11 blu-ray playback doesn't support digital to analog connection??
xlxcrossing [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2010 02:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I was in shock that the new version, as flashy as it is with the new fading transitions in the UI, will throw up an error code 0121 (which by the way isn't published anywhere on the web, yet) which will tell you, if you have a digital to analog connection such as DVI or HDMI to RGB that it will not play a blu ray disc!!!! I currently am, and have been using with PowerDVD 10, a DVI to RGB cable from the video card to the HDTV. This TV is a Vizio and the RGB input was designed specifically for PC connections (resolutions are not managed well using an HDMI input). So I have an all digital display, a digital connector (DVI which is connected to a video card that supports HD) and since it converts to an analog signal into the digital display the program recognizes this and says "hey guess what we know you're not 100% digital buddy". Simply amazing, the fact that there would even be a check of this kind written in the code is terrible - it's essentially telling all my hardware through checks "hey none of you are up to par with me, even though I know your certified to run". Oh yeah and I ran the BD Advisor which gave me pass on everything - even after showing connection type as analog!!!!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi XLXcrossing,

yes the output of HD content is not allowed anymore using Analogue D-Sub.

This is part of the Analogue Sunset.
Please also check our FAQ:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=11435&prodId=1&prodVerId=887

Br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
xlxcrossing [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2010 02:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I read the article, however it doesn't seem to cover software. My BD-ROM player was purchased prior to 12/31/2010 so the software limitation really wouldn't apply. Oh well, there's always PDVD 10.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2011 17:05

Billy2112 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2011 14:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Having exactly the same problem.
I playback BD movies on my 22'' PC monitor with pdvd10 this is no problem but 11 gives a non digital warning
My BD player is over a year old so should NOT be covered by the Analogue Sunset.
As far as I can see this is a HARDWARE directive not a SOFTWARE one.
Are cyberlink likely to bring out a patch to correct this ERROR? or will I have to put pdvd11 in the bin?
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
the Player in this case is PowerDVD - and the AACS analogue sunset rule fully applies...

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
SEAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2011 07:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
just bought pdvd and 72.00 and when it doesn't play blue ray keeps coming up with error code 0121
[Post New]
Dear Sean,

please check this posting:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

please open own thread if it is not 100% the same problem

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
STEPHAN_in_Redmond [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Seattle Joined: Nov 20, 2011 13:22 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael,

I have a similar issue. Was on v7 (worked ok), just bought v11, my system is HDCP, HTPC connected to receiver with HDMI, receiver to Optoma projecter. Getting error 0121. When I run nvidia diagnostics, HDCP is enabled, but BD advisor tells me it's not.

I went to the link you suggested, and land on the "welcome to posting on v11" generic link, no specific info on how to fix or options. (I am missing the right link - apologies if I do, please direct me where I should go)

What next steps would you suggest:
- try to fix (you seem to indicate the feature has been sunset, any path for a workaround?)
- go to v10 (if I can get it)
- return v11 for refund

Thanks ahead for any help you can provide
Cheers
Stephan
[Post New]
Hi Stephan,

please open own thread about your issue as it is different from opener's.

please helpto check this thread and post the infos in your new thread, thanks!!
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

Br

Werde Facebook Fan