Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
TV capture card does not work
SCBob4232 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2011 16:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Using the "capture" option with a TV capture card does not work. I get an indication that that the TV capture device is initializing and the name of the device is listed, but no images are produced. Any ideas?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Adjust the settings. Click the Setting Button in the Capture Module.

You must set the correct inputs. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

SCBob4232 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2011 16:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your response. I tried the various options listed under "settings" to no avail. The Hauppauge 723x is in fact the capture device installed on my PC. I expected to see "TV Tuner" or something similar as a selection under "capture source," but only composite or s video are listed. Any thoughts on why the TV Tuner is not listed?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Using the "capture" option with a TV capture card does not work. I get an indication that that the TV capture device is initializing and the name of the device is listed, but no images are produced. Any ideas?

Yes, you have not done all of the necessary settings. To receive TV signals from the Air requires setting up your capture window.

Above the preview window are several icons, One is Analog TV, one is Digital TV. (if you have a digital tuner card).
Under the preview window is a channel selection and a button for CATV or Antenna.

The settings button gets the Analog Video Selection window. You must select the Video Tuner option. Of course you also must select your audio option.

See attachments. Just follow the notes.
Capture Window With Settings noted.jpg is how to set up the Analog tuner.

Scan Digital TV with Notes.jpg is how to receive the Digital TV channels, You must scan for channels initially. After the scan is complete, you may have to exit powerdirector then re-start powerdirector.
[Thumb - Capture Window with Settings noted.jpg]
 Filename
Capture Window with Settings noted.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Settings needed to capture from TV tuner Card.
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
356 time(s)
[Thumb - Scan Digital TV With Notes.jpg]
 Filename
Scan Digital TV With Notes.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Scan for Digital Channels.
 Filesize
98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
304 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 25. 2011 18:30

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

tuneman59 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2011 09:16 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue with PD10. I have done everything to make it work including going back and forth repeatedly with Cyberlink.
I have a Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 and PD10 will not work with it to date. I actually don't care about the TV part of it, I need to be able to capture from the composite video. It doesn't work.