Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Split DVD files
Bora [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2006 20:09 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Can somebody help me?

When I import DVD movie (VOB files) in PD4, they are split into several 15-secon clips?

Do you encounter this?
jisbister [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2006 00:14 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
I've always encountered disc errors trying to import .vob into PowerDirector directly. So, since I have a Panasonic DVD camcorder, I use the Panasonic tool to convert .vob to mpeg. Every pause or stop translates to a new exported file, and I then import them all into PowerDirector for editing. Not sure this helps you any....
haller [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2007 05:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I've always encountered disc errors trying to import .vob into PowerDirector directly. So, since I have a Panasonic DVD camcorder, I use the Panasonic tool to convert .vob to mpeg. Every pause or stop translates to a new exported file, and I then import them all into PowerDirector for editing. Not sure this helps you any....

Hi everybody,

I've brought up this thread because I have PD5 and I have to handle with .vob files imported directly from a DVD produced with a SonyHandycam DVD.

I want to handle .vob directly because if I convert them in mpeg there is a (few) quality loss in the video.

I see that a VOB file is splitted in 15-seconds clips by PD5 and it's annoying to re-merge them...

Is there _ANY_ workaround to avoid the 15-seconds clip splitting maintaining the VOB format?

Maybe is a repost, I'm sorry if it is.

Thank you all

haller