Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Titles Revisited
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
It's easier to just watch it than try to explain it.... A 40 second title effect has a clip length of 3 minutes....(title clip length verses time element of effect)

UPDATE....

Dafydd got with me, and showed me how to tweak the settings in the modify window. But we both had a problem with the more we played with the tweaking the more it caused our computers to get unstable and even stall. He had a problem of after a tweak, his preview window would be blank, and timeline would be blank, but would play and could not see anything.
I had to restart PD twice. He did too. I have about 100 other titles in my project so far, and I have all of the title effects used more than once, but only one time I used the perspective, and that was for a list of the Senior Class names. (annual senior class video presentation for graduation night)

I think he is going to make a quick video on it. But I do now have the title clip the length it needs to be and the time of effect is the same as the length of the clip, and when the scrolling is done it is at the end of the clip.

Wheeeew, glad that's over.....

Filename
ScreenCapture_4-21-2011 9.59.58 AM.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8779 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
682 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Apr 21. 2011 16:12

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Bubba -

While you and Dafydd were playing with your sliders, I was too.

I've found that if you use the Perspective Scroll effect with the duration slider left on default, you get odd results (as you found). On one of my little tests, the title finished scrolling, then reappeared in the centre of the screen STATIC!

By setting the duration sliders like this...

... I've found the Perspective Scroll effect behaves predictably.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,

I saw that a couple of times too. In the beginning it would not let me change and keep the duration sliders where I put them. But finally stayed put. I got it set the way I wanted it, but still had to fight it.

Also with Dafydd, when he selected the perspective motion for his title, it automatically set it for the start and finish both, mine did not.

And thanks..........

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 21. 2011 19:29

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Bubba -

1. When I set Perspective Scroll as the starting effect, the end effect stays at No Effect (unless I switch it)... unlike scroll up,down, left & right - which automatically modify the end effect too.
2. When I set both start & end effects to Perspective Scroll, the text scroll up... then comes back down!
3. Check out how the slider is set on the default Perspective Scroll title template...

Cheers - Tony
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Guys, count yourselves lucky - at least the diagonal black line on the left scroll border has been zapped.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Very true, Adrian.

We're such an ungrateful bunch sometimes.

Cheers - Tony
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
After a "late night encounter with Bubba" with this issue, brought more questions (for me) than a result.

Overnight, I was hoping for some form of input from members - which has happened, to replicate issues.

I came to the conclusion perspective scroll has a bug in it.

Note: To get the full function of Perspective scroll the blue left display zone should be moved to cover the whole area. Only the first part of the Effects should have Perspective scroll selected.

Adrian: I'm pleased to see you're involved here. Perspective scroll observation reporting wouldn't be were it is today without you (PD7, 8, and now 9). ha ha

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 22. 2011 04:08

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Please take a look at the video and see if the issue/observations can be replicated.

Note: Couple of voice over errors - jerks to the "bottom right", not the left. I also think I said slider and not perspective scroll at one point.

Thanks
Dafydd
 Filename
PerspectiveScroll+bugs.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Perspective Scroll settings + bug?
 Filesize
6491 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
585 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 22. 2011 04:40