Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installation fails...
GeneG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2011 16:21 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Just purchased Power DVD 10 Ultra Upgrade from DVD 9 and the software installer begins (goes all the way to the prompt for where to place the file) and then simply quits...no error codes or warnings or anything. Just disappears. I am running win7 ultimate and bitdefender internet security. Any ideas?
Thanks,
gene
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
Go here...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Download the cleaners at the bottom!

Locate your original PDVD 9 install and key.
Turn off ALL anti virus products.
Follow the steps in the first post to remove it all.
Reboot.
Run the cleaners.
Reboot.
Install the 9 with no updates and activate.
Install the upgrade.

Powerdvd 9 ???? purchased upgrade ???? Powerdvd 10 ultra...
Did you purchase the correct upgrade? what is the missing ???? information.
I would think the software would complain and not just exit, but just another bit of information thats missing so we dont have to guess as much.
GeneG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Larry,
Thanks for the reply.

Powerdvd 9.0.3901.51
to
Powerdvd 10....simply the downloadable version directed from the dvd9 upgrade link on my dvd9 software...the file doesn't say and since it didn't install I can't check.

I'll uninstall and try again as you suggest.
Thanks again,
gene
GeneG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Uninstalled and reinstalled dvd9 w/no updates and reactivated, then attempted to install dvd10. Same results. Began the installation wizard, then quit, no errors or warnings.
Any other suggestions?
Thx,
gene
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Uninstalled and reinstalled dvd9 w/no updates and reactivated, then attempted to install dvd10. Same results. Began the installation wizard, then quit, no errors or warnings.
Any other suggestions?
Thx,
gene

At this point if you could post the requested information
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

I realize this information is more for problems after installation is complete, but then maybe Cyberlink-Michael can chime in.

You will want to start a ticket with the Techinical Support team which there is a link to in the forum post.

Usually those registry cleaner fix things up, but you are encountering something else. I am sorry i did not do an upgrade from 9 to 10 or i might be able to help more.

When PDVD9 is installed what is the full version name in the about after it is activated? You should be able to start the software and then use CTRL-A on the keyboard for a shortcut.

When you purchased the upgrade it would have had a few options we need to know which option you choose. I realize you say you followed prompts when it suggested to upgrade. I am wondering if the wrong version was purchased.

According to the purchase site it allows upgrading from 8/9 standard/other, deluxe, or ultra.

Was your 9 an oem version that was included with some hardware?
GeneG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, hopefully I included everything...

Original software was included w/hardware: Cyberlink BD Suite, with PowerDVD 8.0.2021.50, SR# CDS 081015-08
Upgraded via download from Cyberlink to PowerDVD 9.0.1719.0, SR# DVD090526-01
Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
HDMI to ATI Radeon HD 4800, single monitor
BitDefender Internet Security 2011, up to date
See attached file...

Thanks again,
gene
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
196 time(s)
GeneG [Avatar]
[Post New]
I seemed to have fixed it by uninstalling dvd9, reinstalling dvd8, then upgrading directly to dvd10. Whew.
Thanks for your help Larry.
gene