Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink tech support is a joke
unknown1122111121 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NY Joined: Apr 10, 2011 11:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
This is the kind of help I get from a tech support team. Look at how sad this is for tech support and this type of responses from Cyberlink will be hitting every major social site and company reviews:

-------------------------
Every time I install I get the error DLL:sim. I ran the cleanup tool to get rid of all past installs but still getting this error.
-----------------------

Cyberlink response:
Dear Guillermo,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you need activation key for PowerDVD software.

To assist you further, I need to verify your purchase records; however, I am unable to locate your purchase records for PowerDVD in my database. I have already searched database with your email address Mike*******@yahoo.com and I am unable to locate any purchase of PowerDVD.

If you received the software (as an OEM software) with any hardware (PC, graphics card, DVD/BD drive etc...), please let me know the name & model of the hardware. (If you have the installation disc, please send me scanned copy of the installation disc, to find out the version of OEM software, provided to you.)

or

If you have purchased the software from CyberLink website, please let me know the following, to find/pull your purchase record:

The order number of the purchase.

The E-mail address that you have used while purchasing the software.

The copy of invoice of the purchase.

or

If you have purchased CyberLink software from any third party website, please provide me the "copy of invoice of the purchase", that shows the name and version of software purchased by you.

Once I received the information asked, I will be able to assist you further in resolving your concern, in better manner.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:
>>

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp <<

Thanks and Regards,

Tanmay
CyberLink Technical Support
----------------------------------

Ok my fault for not putting trial so I respond:

I haven't purchased your product yet since I'm trying to install your "free" trial software for 30-days on your website. I'm not going to purchase anything I can't at least try out and by not even being able to install it does not give me any comfort in purchasing any products from you. Please provide some support so I can at least give your product a try.

-----------------------------------

Cyberlink response:

Dear Guillermo,

In regards to your installation concern, to assist you in a better way, I need some information; please let us know the following:

1. Let me know the Serial number of already installed CyberLink software. SR should be like "SR_No=XXXXXX_XX". If you have installed the program, you can use below given steps to find the SR Number:

a. Find the SR Number in the program menu:

You also can find the SR Number in the About dialog by clicking the Help menu on the program and select About [program name].

b. Find the SR Number in the Registry

After you installed the CyberLink software, click the Windows Start menu. Click Run, in the dialog that appears, key in "regedit" to launch the "Registry Editor". In the left pane of Registry Editor, extend the path to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/ CyberLink///BuildInfo". In this path you can see there is a "SR_No" in the right pane. The "Data" column has a few digits and that is the SR Number.

2. Exact steps you followed and where the procedure failed. Please provide us detailed explanation. You need to provide maximum details of the issue for a quick resolution.

3. If you are getting any error message, please send me the snapshot of the error message, with full background.

4. Dxdiag.txt
DxDiag.txt: You can use the steps that follow to create this file:
a. Start --> All Programs --> Accessories -->Run OR Start-->Run...
b. Type in DXDIAG and press Enter or click OK, this will open the DirectX diagnostic tool.
c. Click on the Save All Information Button (save this file to your windows desktop and name it dxdiag).

5. Send me name and size of the installation file.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thanks and Regards,

Tanmay

----------------------------------

So I response:

Here is the info you requested:

1. Cyberlink YouCam SR: ************* (real serial back to them but not publicly posting it)
2. Clicked on the setup icon for the free trial (you can see it in the image the file) and followed along it starts to install all the way through till it gets to the very end (creating the shortcut, installing the program) and then I get the error message.
3. Snapshot sent.
4. Sent the DirectX file
5. CyberLink.2325(Trial)_DVD101118-01 and it's 126.614 MB

I hope I can hear back from you soon and it works so I can try this product out. I did get powerdvd 8 with my Alienware laptop. However, I ran your cleanup of powerdvd 8, ran through the regedit and made sure it was all gone, and rebooted. It's off my laptop.

-----------------------------

Cyberlink responses:

Dear Guillermo,

I understand that you are facing issue in installing CyberLink YouCam 4 trial version software.

Please note that, we will not be able to provide you the CyberLink YOuCam 2, to reinstall on your Laptop. You will need to contact Alienware support, to get copy, if you do not have the installation disc. We do not have copy of OEM CyberLink software's as they are shipped with hardware only.

I would suggest you download and save the CLCleaner tool, from the below given FTP link.

ftp://154:S2TJ2IH0@ftp.gocyberlink.com/new/CLCleaner-YouCam-All.zip

Once the download is completed, extract the zip file to a folder and run CLCleaner tool from the extracted folder.

NOTE: Please remove your previous responses, when sending us email as we already have your all emails and can refer to it, when required. However, when you copy your previous responses, it become hard to find the new concern or the current issue.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thanks and Regards,

Tanmay

---------------------------

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? How do you get Cyberlink YouCam4 trial??????? When my question to them was about powerdvd. I STATED more than once it was powerdvd 10. Heck my screenshot SHOWED powerdvd10 install in it!!!!!

That is LOUSY tech support and you better believe I will be making these kind of responses from your tech support public. I will be using tools (sitemapping, Google Feedfetcher, etc) that will allow sites such as Google, Yahoo, MSN, and Bing to pick up my feeds even faster.

This is possibly the WORST tech support I have EVER seen.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2011 00:30

charlieMV21 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2011 23:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Agreed, the technical support is abysmal. I have been trying to get two simple questions answered and tonight they sent me the link to the manual for Power DVD 10 which I bought for $51.45.

Companies like this need to be shut down.
[Post New]
Do like I'm doing so far I have written two reviews on this company and have posted the type of responses they give. If more people show the type of answers they give they will not last long. It seems this company doesn't care about CLI (customer lifetime investment).

They care about the 50 bucks they get today and not that a returning customer who continues to go there will give them more than a one time customer.

IF this company say sells to 5 million people this year and get 75 bucks each one then yes they will get 375 million this year. But let's say they upset even just 1 million people because of poor tech support or whatever else. Well next year only 4 million people buy then they only got 300 million. That's 75 million in lost revenue and people who will never come back.

How long do you think that type of business will stay in business? I give them 4-6 years before they go broke. So voice your opinion and blog it. The web is powerful tool to voice about a company I mean how many companies you think went out of business because of the web? Too many to count I can tell you that.

So my voice will be heard by many and I stress for you to do the same. The more people hear about this the more Cyberlink will change their ways or they will fade to bankruptcy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2011 20:37

RifPro27 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2011 23:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Crap, I actually need tech support so I can redownload PD 9. I hope they're better with me. Hi, dudes
charlieMV21 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2011 23:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Support is useless. Their sole reason for being appears to be to get you so discouraged that you will pay 30 bucks for two telephone support calls.

Why is the system so complicated if it's not designed to fleece customers even more?

3 months and counting since I paid $51.45 for power dvd up grade and still can't watch Blu Ray movies. I've contacted Best Buy and they are interested in complaints on this outfit.
[Post New]
Good the more we get the word out the better. Already if you search for cyberlink bad reviews one of my reviews on the company pops up.

That's just a start, word of mouth is a powerful thing in this world.