Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 auto upload to youtube.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Well I have to re-asses my comments about the auto upload to youtube from inside PD being below par.

I spent a full day trying to manually upload my normally produced video to youtube. It kept on falling over after many hours of uploading. In frustration I decided to try the auto upload inside PD.

Well it worked and I must say the quality is quiet good. It uses .wmv 10.4 Mbps for 1920X1080. I normally produce to .m2ts 15 Mbps 1920X1080 (H.264)

You will get a better quality video manually producing your video if showing your videos on your 50" plasma but for Youtube I don't think I will worry about manually producing my videos in the future.

Here is the video if you want to check out the quality. It is gopro footage recorded at 920X720 4:3 aspect then stretched to 1920X1080 16:9 aspect in PD.

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Robert

Nice video.... used to skydive.... but it's been a while... looks like fun. I can only watch it on 480 anyway....

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 05. 2011 20:48

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

Don't forget you can change the wmv profiles of the Youtube profiles and increase the bitrate to your preferred bitrate by changing the default settings. But I agree with you 10Mbps is still very pleasing to the eye.

Great video!

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Bubba, yes I have done a couple of free fall parachute jumps, I look on my hanggliding flights like an hour long skydive.

Hi Kevin, yes thanks for reminding me about the ability to create my own .wmv profile. Unfortunately with a slow 256k max upload speed with my cable connection I am leading more towards a smaller youtube video size with 90% of the quality to a 200 meg larger file size and extra hours upload time for that last 10% extra quality. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cap'n.....

Robert, I am limited to 256k upload also...... I cried when our wireless ISP folded I had 5meg up and down. Ma Bell is a harsh mistress and I only have 2 meg download at twice the price.. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Yes it takes me a good 5-6 hours if I am lucky to upload my videos and worse it really slows down my normal web surfing to a crawl until it finishes.

OMG 5meg up and down, what a dream, I am on cable and am lucky to get 1 meg down. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

bestbass42
Member Location: Wolverhampton,England. Joined: Apr 01, 2011 10:22 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Great colours on your video,looks like youve used a very expensive camera. When i first saw the video i thought you'd filmed it around where i live in Wolverhampton as the sceanery looks the same...NOT!!! Cyberlink PowerDirector12 Ultra 64bit.

Alienware 18, 4th Gen intel Core i7, Windows 8.1

Apple iMac G5, 9 Years old & slow as a snail!!!

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX FQ360.
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Quote: Great colours on your video,looks like youve used a very expensive camera. When i first saw the video i thought you'd filmed it around where i live in Wolverhampton as the sceanery looks the same...NOT!!!

Not an expensive or big camera. I used a GoPro HD, the camera is not much bigger than a box of matches. The true power of the GoPro is the very very wide angle lens, bordering on a fisheye lens, it is a 170 degree lens.

Not very good for normal hand held video, its strength is sports video on cars, bikes, snowboards, surf boards, hang gliders etc.

Here is a link to their website. http://gopro.com/products/?gclid=CJ2btZWviagCFc2DpAodiyyaCQ My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

Great Video & nice landing in the strong wind . . .

What are you using for your in flight mic sound track?
Did you patch into your nornal radio mic to the GoPro, use a seprate voice recoding device, or did you do a voice over?

I am also using GoPros for creating PG videos and am very interested in the details.

Thanks,
Steve
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Hi Steve,

Regarding my voice track after a couple of years testing on several different cameras trying several things including cotton wool over stereo camera mics to act as wind shields in the end they all failed. They would work beautifully then just as you wanted to talk you would change direction or the wind would pick up and all you would get was the hiss of the wind.

My solution was to use an external voice recorder, an Olympus DS30 which has a removable stereo mic which I mount inside my helmet covered with soft foam. I then have the actual recorder in a pouch mounted on the shoulder of my harness.

This set up works fine up to around 50 mph. One of my cameras had an external mic input which may work for a paraglider as the camera is mounted on your body. With a hang glider with the camera mounted on the glider it is not a practical solution.

Cheers

Robert2 S
My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn