Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D funtions problems with Nvidia 3D vision Tecnology
epatul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2011 23:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I'm Epatul. I have a problem in PowerDVD 10 Mark II 2701 with my Nvidia 3D Kit.

I explain the situation.

I have a computer with High Performace.

Intel core i7 920 4 cores 2,8 Ghz
6 Gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 480
3D Monitor ASUS Ready for Nvidia Vision Tecnology
Windows 7 x64

So, I think that the problem is about the program PowerDVD

I understand that you have not yet much experience about 3D. You only have 2 or 3 revisions to those that implement the support for playing "BD 3D. "

However, as yet not many users using this technology it is possible that you have no knowledge of the problems with the program to use 3D with software and drivers that Nvidia provides

Issues:

Instability playing Blu-ray technology Nvidia 3D with vision.
(I have a powerful hardware, so the problem is not mine, but the program)

Slowness and problems using 3D TrueTheater famous feature. Converting 2D to 3D makes the video slow and most of the time I have to move the mouse to see the video, since it is the black screen at the beginning or the program crashes.
Therefore we can say that TrueTheater 3D with "Nvidia Vision" is unstable.

Use the most current Nvidia driver to date 03/17/2011

I doubt the problem is mine. With "3D vision video player" never crashes when I open any file type compatible with the program. Therefore, I think it not is problem of drivers or my computer but the program.

I hope they can solve these problems soon. PowerDVD 10 seems like a good program and I do not like these failures of instability.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 16. 2011 23:43

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
welcome to the forum - in order to understand your problem more information is needed, please check this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Please also let us know which DVD your want o use TT-3D on (TT-3D supports DVD and Files but not BD)

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
epatul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2011 23:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry. I did not know this.

I'll try to be more precise and to the point.

My version of the program: "10 Mark II PowerDVD Ultra 2701 - RETAIL"

Features and settings on my computer:

Intel Core i7 920 4 2.8 GHz cores
6 Gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 480
3D Monitor VG232 ASUS Nvidia Ready for Technology Vision
Windows 7 x64

Realtek High Definition Driver R2.58
Audio Driver Version: 6.0.1.6299
Audio codec: ALC889
Graphics card:

Nvidia driver 267.24 (upgrade this version of the v266.5
3D VISION FOR DESKTOP GPUS CD v1.45
CD v1.45 (GPU GeForce v266.58 driver, NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller driver v266.21) WHQL

Microsoft Silverlight 4 SDK

Additional video codec installed: K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 6.4.0

Issues:

- Instability playing Blu-ray 3D Disc with Nvidia 3D vision Technology

- using 3D TrueTheater to convert from 2D to 3D. Video slow, black screen (sometimes solved by moving the mouse, but slow video) or the program crashes.

I think the problem is with the program because:
Nvidia 3D vision video player. It works perfectly running videos in 3D. No crashes and not unstable. I think this will rule out problems with video drivers or similar.

PowerDVD 10 program works well without the 3D mode is not unstable at this point. The program successfully reproduces videos in 720p and 1080p mkv with some exceptions. SD videos also work well.

Sometimes When I play 3D videos without 3D Mode in PowerDVD, a window appears saying that there are problems with Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime library but PowerDVD10.exe referring to as a source of the problem, yet the video continues playing until you click OK in the window.

The blu-ray 3d disc played are (but unstable and various crashes before playing all correctly):

- Tron
- Deep Sea Documental 1080p 3D Blu-ray

Reproduced with deamon tools virtual drive.

postscript: I could play the 2 blu-ray after several crash and patience. It should not be so unstable the program with the hardware I have. I could not reproduce these blu-ray until I upgrade to version 2701 RETAIL, prior to version 1830 (not retail) had problems with audio and video sync and slow video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2011 15:46

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

we can not reproduce your issues here - please post your DXDIAG log file (the 32Bit Version) and please also try to use POwerDVD without K-Lite Codecs. some codec packs are knwon to casue issues with various Multimedia Software out there.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan