Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video and Audio Looses Sync for .mt2s Files
stoiang40 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2011 15:21 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have downloaded the trial version of PowerDVD 10 a couple of months ago. The PowerDVD software came recommended by the manufacturer of the motherboard (ASUS). Surprisingly (after all the comments I have read in this forum) the software work perfectly, the first time. I have also liked the features.; it played all the movies in my collection flawlesly, regardless of the type, size, definition (HD/SD), etc.

The problems started when I tried to actually purchase the product. Eventually, almost a month later, after many e-mails to the (almost non-existent) Customer Service, and several Support Tickets, the case "was solved", meaning that my order went through and I was able to dowload the registered verison.

I wanted to mention the whole story, because I still think PowerDVD is a good product. It is the Customer Sevice that kills the fun.

The installation went without any issues again, the first time. However, now some of the .mt2s files start to loose sync between audio and video after a while. It is random (I believe), and if I rewind and playback the same scene again it may (or may not) play in sync second time.

These are files/movies that worked perfect with the demo version, and the hardware didn't change at all since. The Blu-Ray discs playback doesn't have this problem, only the the .mt2s files (so far) from the hard-drive.

Anyone else has experienced this problem? Is this a know problem, or am I the only one?

CybeLink Michael, any suggestions?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2011 10:01

Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
Before most folks will reply to this posting they will require that you provide the informaiton they require. Please understand this is not technical or customer support, but users trying to help other users for the most part.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

I was experimenting with some M2TS files from a blu ray source on the HD. I noticed by default the audio quality was reduced and I started to think the video was too. I did not fully watch this version because i wanted to get back to my blu ray playback issues.

I fully aggree the technical and customer support are extremely lacking and i hate that with a passion.

I too have noticed a difference between playback of my original blu rays under the trial and the full ultra version i purchased. I have even upgraded to the latest buil 2701 and the one prior to see if there was any difference. Sadly somewhere along the way I have ruined all enjoyment for blu ray playback on my machine. The software seems to work well when it wants and is extermely sensitive. I am currently testing with AnyDVD HD to see if I am having HDCP or decryption issues with the wonderful world of blu ray copy protection. I am starting to make some progress with my LG blu ray drive, but I am afraid something is interfering with my Liteon drives. Odly enough the liteons can play near perfect sometimes, but not enough to make me happy right now.

I suggest you post more information about your environment as hardware and drivers do play a big part of problems with this software from my experiences.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stoiang40,

can you post a little file here to check?
please also post some more info about the files (which cam reocorded, etc..)
Please also add some system info - thanks

greeitngs
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
stoiang40 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2011 15:21 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Here is the system information:

PowerDVD 10 Mark II Ultra full version
SR number: DVD101124-02
TR number: TR101202-091
Windows 7, 64-bit
Administrator account
PowerDVD purchased on line, stand-alone
Onboard graphic chipset (see attachment)
Onboard audio chipset (see attachment)
PowerDVD audio: 6 speakers, TrueTheater Surround
Display: Panasonic TV (no 3D), single monitor
Display connection: HDMI
Antivirus: Bit Defender

See attachment (DxDiag.txt) for additional system information

As for the file, all my files are quite big (>30GB) as they are Blu-Ray copies and I don't think they can be uploaded here. As I metioned before, the files played with no problems with the demo version of PowerDVD 10, and with a Western Digital media player (WD TV Live).

I hope this helps. Any suggestion/ideea is appreciated.

Thank you,
Gabriel
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDIAG Log
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
268 time(s)