Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[solved]Cannot play BD "Machete"
dshapovalov [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2011 23:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Cannot play BD "Machete" on the latest PowerDVD 10, it plays the intro, but when it suppose to show the menu, it just gets stuck on black screen. Anybody else has the same problem? I read on Google that people are having the same issue with this BD on other players as well.

I tried to contact technical support so they would pass it to development team so they would test it and include the support for this BD in the next update, but the tech support is beyond funny. First answer was that PowerDVD does not suppose to play BDs from Netflix! Now they want me to uninstall my latest video drivers and install the old ones which came with the card (I told them multiple times that I can play other BDs just fine, so yeah, downgrading video drivers suppose to help me just fine with this problem). I don't know where they find these people.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 04. 2011 04:15

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
welcome to the forum!

Did you try our latest patch, released today:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/12207.page

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
dshapovalov [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tried it (build 2701), did not help, same result
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please provide some more info - it may help to identify the issue (if not related to the title)

can you playback other titles without problem?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Br
Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
BRANDON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2011 19:32 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I am having problems with the new patch period. I downloaded it and then got a hold of cyberlink on the phone and he had me take powerdvd completely of my system and then he gave me a new down load. I downloaded that and now my disc will not load. some get to 99% and stop then others get to 50% and program crashes. (i also tried media center and it craches too via cyberlink powerdvd 10 3d ultra) I backed up one of my blu rays on my hard drive and it plays no problem. I never had this problem before that new patch came out. The reason i called cyberlink to start with was i was not getting hd sound so he checked all my specs and told me to download the new patch which did fix hd sound but now cant get blu rays to play. I am guessing there will be another patch to fix this? I guess I will be talking to George again on the phone tonight until we get this fixed lol
dshapovalov [Avatar]
[Post New]
All other BD titles play just fine.

PowerDVD 10 Mark II Ultra 10.0.2701.51 Full Retail version
SR Number: DVD110221-01
TR Number: TR110301-018

BD adviser shows all green and passed. I already sent audio, video drivers, monitor details and dxdiag to support, but again I don't see how it would be relevant as other BD titles play just fine. I'm a programmer myself and do software support as well, so I have some common sense about this. The only other issue that might be relevant is my BD drive and its firmware, it's Pioneer BDC-202, but it has the latest available firmware (and drive firmware usually affects the media itself, not content). I tried replacement BD "Machete", and it has the same issue, plays the intro, but then gets stuck on black screen, so media is fine, it's the problem with content on this BD.
BRANDON [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had that same problem with LAND OF THE LOST. Played intro fine then took a few minutes and the menu options popped up. then when i pressed play i got the blank screen for about 3 or 4 minutes then it played. I think cyberlink has some stuff messed up right now. Only way i can get stuff to play by going into options and unselecting enable hardware acceleration then press play and it works. if i dont do that first the program crashes with no error report. called cyberlink and they said my driver needed update but i just took this computer to a professional and had them update plus i can go into my drivers and see that i have the most recent. Another thing he said was i didnt have rgb overlay. that is the only thing i haven't found yet
BRANDON [Avatar]
[Post New]
Everything worked except hd sound before the patch update. after that i get hd sound but the blu ray will not load unless i unselect enable hardware acceleration
dshapovalov [Avatar]
[Post New]
Brandon, I think you should start your own topic, I don't see how what you are talking about is relevant to not being able to play BD "Machete" (which did not play before the patch and on PowerDVD 9 as well).
BRANDON [Avatar]
[Post New]
because he ask you if you downloaded the new patch and thats how this all came about and if you read i had the same problem with LAND OF THE LOST as you did.
[Post New]
Hi Brandon,
can you please provide more system info about your environment.
I wonder that you are able to disable the HArdware Acceleration for BD-Playback, this is not possible in regular builds - so something must have been messed up with your system.

Br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
BRANDON [Avatar]
[Post New]
Intel core 2 quad 2.4, 4 gig memory, ati radeon hd 5450 1gb, Asus blu ray drive, hd dvd drive, 1.4 ready hdmi, cyberlink power dvd 10 ultra 3d, download version, vista home premium 32bit, Driver Packaging Version 8.821-110126a-112961C-ATI, Catalyst Version 11.2
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1123
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet002/Control/Class/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0001
Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0812
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.10524
Catalyst Control Center Version 2011.0126.1749.31909, Primary Adapter
Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset ATI Radeon HD 5450
Device ID 68F9
Vendor 1002

Subsystem ID 2291
Subsystem Vendor ID 1787

Graphics Bus Capability PCI Express 2.0
Maximum Bus Setting PCI Express 2.0 x16

BIOS Version 012.017.000.000
BIOS Part Number 113-C02601-100
BIOS Date 2010/07/27

Memory Size 1790 MB
Memory Type HyperMemory

Core Clock in MHz 650 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz 500 MHz

they told me something about rgb overlay that i dont have. the funny thing is i never had a problem playing blu ray until new patch. now all of the sudden i dont have rgb overlay and he said something about my driver that just worked fine before the patch. I have the newest driver they offer. I have a backed up 1 for 1 copy of a blu ray I own on my hard drive and it plays without messing with any setting under the video tab, playlist. Another problem is since i have to change that setting everytime it wont let me play via media center because it tries to load the disc automaticly and the was the reason i got this so i can control everything via media center. Oh yeah they have never said their was anything wrong in dxdiag only in bd advisor. thanks Michael give me a hand here buddy
BRANDON [Avatar]
[Post New]
this may help you also after the blu ray starts I go back into settings and ati acceleration is checked again and wont allow me to uncheck it. i also go to advanced and select none under de-interlacing mode. I went today and downloaded ati avivo fromt he options download on ATI site. That didnt help either. Whats funny is everything i check on my computer it says i have the 8.821 display driver but on the bd advisor and dxdiag is says no. Dxdiag says 8.17. dont get that at all. its like cyberlink is not taking my driver. Oh yeah and everytime I stop a blu ray or try to exit the program freezes or crashes.
ALAN99 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: America Joined: Mar 09, 2011 04:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
The exact same thing is happening with me. At first, “MacGruber” wouldn’t load, but after a Windows update… all is well. “Machete” doesn’t move past the Fox DVD logo and the screen stays black. Manually clicking to go to the top menu fails as well. This supposedly has something to do with Fox copy protection or encoding, based on posting elsewhere on the net, so I was hopeful the newest update would remedy the situation… but it hasn’t. Amazon reviews complain about the same thing. Cyberlink has always traversed these difficulties and I’m hopeful you can do so again. Alan Spencer
[Post New]
Hello,
thanks for your feedback - I have escalated the issue to our QA team to check it.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
ALAN99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any word when there will be an update to address this... or is the team as vexed as everyone else seems to be by Fox's Blu-rays? Alan Spencer
[Post New]
Hi,
our team can not reproduce the issue in our environment.

can you please provide more detail info that we ask in this topic:

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
ALAN99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
There was a big Windows 7 update and now, after a pause, the DVD plays... so I'm not quite sure what happened as there wasn't an update with Power DVD, not the OS.

Nevertheless, it now plays. Windows has updated before, along with Java and the Flash Player, and other problem DVDs suddenly play. Alan Spencer