Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
annoying green rendering line.
aney89_16 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2011 18:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
how do i get rid of it, its never popped up before until recently, especially when using transitions..
i can't preview my video because it renders EVERY second.. it can be very frustrating and time consuming :\

Pic 1 http://i54.tinypic.com/1222m4i.jpg

Pic 2http://i51.tinypic.com/4sfklg.jpg

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi aney89_16,

I have had the same random starting of the Render Preview option happen to me too. And this even though I have never once engaged the Render Preview feature, and always have the Enable HD Rendering (Shadow files) box un-checked.
And sometimes (when this automatic rendering happens), it results in audio going out of sync, and staying out of sync all the way through to the produced file.

I’ve even had this unwanted Render Preview pop-up engage when producing in the Produce module, thus stalling the Produce progress numerous times while it waits for a Preview to be rendered.
But what preview is it rendering? I always have the Preview While Producing un-checked too.

So I would also love to know how to avoid having this Render Preview option randomly engage on it’s own?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2011 20:26

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
I searched the forum for your problem and you are the first to report it. It would help if you offered a clear image of PD9 so that we could better understand what it is you are working at. Check your preferences to make sure nothing has changed from before. Are you doing something different perhaps ? Win 10, i7
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
HI HDedit,

In my case, no, nothing has every really changed. Even the first few PD9 Beta builds were fine. For me this first started occurring with the last beta build, and then on to the public release version.
I did ask CL directly (through Dafydd), what could be causing this, but CL did not reply I guess.

It’s very annoying when it happens, as there is no way to turn it off. Then if I save to pds, the next day when I open with this pds, half of the green bars generated are now gone. But when I then continue editing, PD9 starts to render those sections again as soon as the scrubber reaches a sequence that PD9 decides I need a rendered preview for.
And once the first auto render happens, I now get burdened with it happening all the time till the completion of the project, as it is saved in the pds. Unless I go back to a pds save that hadn’t had it happen yet, and then re-start the project from there, and hope an unwanted preview render doesn’t start.
It seems that a lot of PIP Motion scattered across like 8 to 9+ tracks might trigger it, but can’t be sure.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2011 00:03

aney89_16 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2011 18:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
@ Cranston
thank you so much, you described it a lot better than what i did. but that exactly when i going through right now.

@HDedit i did check my preferences and everything looks good, i also looked for an option to remove the automatic green rendering line, but there was nothing, it really is completely random i haven't changed a thing.

here are a few more screen shots. the video shows up black when i screen capture it, but im pretty much making a mini music video using clips and a song.

pic 1 http://i52.tinypic.com/2iw4p6b.jpg

pic 2 http://i56.tinypic.com/2h72xc7.jpg

pic 3 http://i55.tinypic.com/2u9lw7m.jpg
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
aney89_16

A few things to try:

- I noticed that your audio track is much longer than the video. Try shortening it to match the video track.
- Switch to STORYBOARD view to see if you have any loose ends in the project. At just over 10 minutes of your project there is something very short on the video track that looks out of place. PD9 sometimes leaves behind unwanted stuff after video additions or insertions.
- I also noticed that you have lots of transitions. Too many perhaps. PD9 is not great with these. Try removing all of them, then adding them back one by one. You need only ONE transition between adjacent video clips. Having one at the end of a clip and then again at the beginning of the following clip is redundant : use cross-transitions instead. All over-lap transitions can be switched to cross type. Win 10, i7
Cranston
[Post New]
I have scrapped a project here and there, because this unwanted and erratic Render Preview made it too annoying and cumbersome to continue. One spends less time editing and more time waiting for separate portions of the timeline to render a preview. Then later, some of these renders disappear, and then later PD9 re-renders the exact same ones it removed. And all the while, I never clicked or asked for rendered preview in the first place.
Then I start over from scratch, re-creating the project “exactly” the same way, and this time no unwanted auto initiated Render Preview occurs throughout the whole project.
So it has not been my experience that altering one’s preferred timeline arrangement (e.g. Clips, images, transitions, etc), makes much of a difference with respect to a Render Preview starting up by itself.

There's something that is in some cases is causing PD9 to trigger a preview render, and I believe it’s possibly owing to one having a lower to midrange computer, or a less than a 1gig graphics card perhaps(?). But if you do have a high spec'd rig aney89_16, with a powerful card, then my theory is wrong I guess.

Still, the Render Preview is an “option”, and optional features/tools should never engage themselves on their own, regardless of what’s in the timeline. Even in cases where it may indeed be advantageous to render the preview (to lessen the load on one's rig), it should still be the user’s choice to either initiate this “option”, or decide to just live with the occasional hangs and stalls in the preview when creating a project.

Just my 2 cents worth.

-CP-

All vodi
[Post New]
Cranston. I agree, PD9 has quite a few weird bugs that did not exist in PD8. My feeling is that it is associated with transitions and the fact that the timeline is now "open" whereas before each clip was butted against the one next to it. PD9 ( and PD8 ) is continually rendering the project in the background and I think it gets confused when artifacts are left on the timeline. Just a guess. When they fix this bug PD9 will be as stable as PD8. Fingers crossed!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2011 20:55

Win 10, i7
Cranston
[Post New]
Toes crossed too !
Thanks HDedit. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi aney89_16 ,
Are you operating PD9 in an XP set up?
Please can you supply a diagnostic? See guide below.

I was unable to view your images - server was too slow to respond. Please attach screenshots and data by selecting to reply using the "postreply" button and not the quick reply box.
Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2011 08:27

Cranston
[Post New]
Dafydd,

This has been reported to CL, right? Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, way back in Beta* and I passed on your concerns. I only got the issue when I had XP on my test computer. When W7's installed the problem never reappeared. I know you're still on XP (unless you've recently changed your set up) and therefore unless I have anything to the contrary this is an PD9/XP user bug.

*These reports were also made to Customer Support Management/staff some time after the beta testing had closed, by me, to highlight issues that hadn't been fixed.

Cofion gorau
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 16. 2011 04:41

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The render preview anomaly also happens in W7x64. I just can't recall which rig it happpened in, but I'm fairly certain it was my DV7, and that is not an underpowered machine. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
You can induce preview to happen - long chat with Adrian and his testing. You can also remove preview green line and content from display by deleting the preview render files PD9 creates - see hidden folders in the export location. Adrian and Carsten should be able to guide you further - it's reasonably easy to trigger preview when you use the slider controls.

My concern was with the random display exhibited when XP was in place and the green line is triggered.

Dafydd

Cranston
[Post New]
You can also remove preview green line and content from display by deleting the preview render files PD9 creates - see hidden folders in the export location.

This is true. (had a long chat with Adrian too).
But, when this random engaging of the Render Preview happens by itself, the problem is that...
NO preview render folder is created – in hidden folders in the export location.

So not only do they auto-generate, there is no way to remove them from one’s project.
And that makes sense that no preview folder was created, as one didn’t ever use the Range Selector to highlight an area of the timelines and then click on the Pender Preview button to begin with. Which is as we know, the procedure necessary to engage this render preview “option”, and to create the associated containing folder.

Perhaps it’s worth re-reminding CL of this still outstanding issue? Couldn’t hurt.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
CyberLink are aware of the issue.
Hwyl
Dafydd
CPH54a [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sheffield, England Joined: Jan 17, 2011 09:15 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Have just run into the green line problem for the first time having been using PD9 for 5 months. I thought it was me doing something wrong until I read the thread. What pain and annoyance it causes. I post this simply so that someone on high monitering the forum notes their is another frustrated user out there.

David David
Cranston
[Post New]
Hi CPH54a ,

I haven’t had that issue in a while, and I’m not sure if it is because I am now on the latest 2930 build of PD9, or because I just really haven’t done anything too taxing with my PD9.
But Cap’n Kevin sent me the tip below, which I plan to try if I get the same "Render Preview Starts By Itself" issue again.

You can keep the "Render Preview" from happening if you "rename" the executable file that performs this function.
The name of the file is CES_CacheAgent.exe
Simply rename the file to something like CES_CacheAgent.exe.old
This file is found in the "Power Director" main program folder.

I bet this would prevent the random pre-rendering that from happening.
If you re-name, and then highlight an area on the timeline and then select the Render Preview button....it WON'T pre-render at all, although it tries!
Not sure what else might be affected by renaming the file.

Thanks to Cap’n Kevin for this tip.

CPH54a [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sheffield, England Joined: Jan 17, 2011 09:15 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply and advice. This is a holiday weekend here in the UK so I won't get chance to experiment for a day or two but certainly will and hope it cuts down the frustrations

David David