Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How many computers?
[Post New]
I'm still considering buying PD9. I have the trial and it seems to have some very good features.

One is that I could probably use the smart rendering and shadow files to rough edit AVCHD on my older laptop (2Ghz but with a good video card for a laptop) and and also use it for capturing with the USB dongle I have.

I'm also impressed with it's ability to rip some (non-copy protected) DVDs that other programs struggle with. For that I'd probably want it on my desktop.

Can anyone explain the licensing situation? Some software actively allows use by an individual so you can put it on your laptop and desktop (the Serif range). Most software is for one computer, but often if you don't abuse the system you seem to be able to use two installations at once (Pinnacle). What is the Cyberlink situation? MS-7551 MoBo, Phenom II X4 955(3.2Ghz), 4GB Ram, Nvidia 250GTS 512Mb, onboard HD audio, bitsetting LG DVD burner, SSD Boot+4 Sata drives, total about 2TB. W7 32bit and XP Dual Boot. Dual monitor 1680 and 1440 displays. PCI 700 Capture card, PAL.
Panasonic SD10 AVCHD and JVC GR-X5 DV cameras
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The EndUserLicense.txt says nothing about how many computers you may install on.

I routinely have installed PowerDirector on two or three of my computers. I am the only person using those computers.

I have not seen a policy from Cyberlink on this subject. That does not mean I know for sure the answer.

I found this text from a search of Cyberlink Support:

GRANT OF LICENSE CyberLink, as licensor, grants to you, the licensee, a non-exclusive right to install the accompanying software program(s) (hereinafter the "SOFTWARE") on a certain number of computer(s) in accordance with the number of the license you purchase and use the SOFTWARE in accordance with the terms contained in this license.
 Filename
EndUserLicense.txt
[Disk]
 Description
The end user license for PD8.
 Filesize
14 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
326 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2011 10:34

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thanks Carl, that more or less all I need to know - it will work! MS-7551 MoBo, Phenom II X4 955(3.2Ghz), 4GB Ram, Nvidia 250GTS 512Mb, onboard HD audio, bitsetting LG DVD burner, SSD Boot+4 Sata drives, total about 2TB. W7 32bit and XP Dual Boot. Dual monitor 1680 and 1440 displays. PCI 700 Capture card, PAL.
Panasonic SD10 AVCHD and JVC GR-X5 DV cameras