Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Do PD9 updates need to be applied in sequence?
[Post New]
Just upgraded to PD9 Ultra today. I have been using PD8 since it came out and I was very happy with it.

I had one odd issue with the new version (4:3 video in a 16:9 project stretched when I went to crop it), and saw that there was a number of updates, the first of which seemed relevant to my issue. Thinking the updates were cumulative, I installed the latest update only. After that my preview window and produced videos showed only a green screen (but the trim window showed the correct video). I wound up doing a system restore back to PD8 and upgraded again to get things working once more.

I can work around the minor issue without a problem, but if an update fixes it I'd like to apply it. If the updates need to be done in sequence I'm fine with that - but if they are cumulative I suspect I'm just going to wind up restoring my system again because of the same problem. Call me lazy, but I'd rather avoid that. I'm hoping someone has a quick answer to avoid the trial and error.

Thanks in advance.
[Post New]
SkullyHB;
The patches are cumulative, so the latest is all that is needed. It includes all previous code fixes.

One way to avoid (future) full system restores is to make a restore point instead, before installing the patches (I do it this way, at least).

Then if I don't like the results, I just apply the restore point. Others seem to like a total re-install, so mine is just one opinion.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
You can also check out the following thread in case you run into installation problems and need to re-install PD9.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15688.page Win 10, i7
[Post New]
Thanks guys. Very much appreciated.

Edit: Just to follow up, in spite of the assurances that the updates are cumulative, I installed each one in sequence anyways (after creating a restore point). The problem that occured when I had originally installed just the latest update did not occur again. None of the updates seem to have resolved my original annoyance (which at some point I'll address in more detail, but not a big deal), but AVI output is vastly improved, and overall everything is working well.

Thanks again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2011 17:27

PowerDirector 10 Ultra
Dell XPS Studio - i7 3.4 GHz / 8 GB RAM / Windows 7 Professional 64-bit