Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2D to 3D Anaglyph Questions
Josheh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2011 09:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Too long did not read down the bottom, But please consider reading the lot.

FIRSTLY: I'm using 42" FULL HD LCD TV, With my decent PC Gaming PC hooked up through HDMI, With an external PC bluray writer, Using PowerDVD 10.

Hey guys, I was just messing around in PowerDVD 10 as I just recently brought a Blu-ray reader for my PC, And it had an option to turn "Anaglyph 3D" on, It actually automatically selected the right one for me and obviously without glasses looked weird with so many colours.

My question is this – How good is the 2d to 3d in Power DVD? What I mean is, Yeah there's 3D TVs out there now that are probably doing 3D Better, But I've never really been into 3d THAT much and never wanted a 3D TV.

Are the Anaglyph Red/Blue glasses the same as the movies use / used to use ? Is Anaglyph 3D decent? I'm sitting about a meter away max infront of a Full HD Non 3d 42" TV, And was wondering if I was to buy a set of 3d glasses would I actually be a little "WOW'D" at it?

Of course it's probably no 3DTV quality, But is it good ? Would It actually look 3D? I just ripped a full HD copy of m Predators DVD and put it in Anaglyph 3D in PowerDVD 10 And without using the glasses there looked to be a flap load of detail in the 3d images.

It seems to even work with my DBZ episodes....

So is it worth me buying a pair of glasses to use this ? Would I notice it since I'm pretty close to a 42" tv? Watching a standard 2D converted on the fly to 3D full HD movie? It actually looked alright considering I had no glasses to try it...

If it is Decent and a very cheap way to get 3D "Only need the glasses"

Do I "NEED" those red and blue glasses? or can I use some sort of Clear glasses? I'm thinking something like this would work ? –

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3D-Glasses-3-Dimensional-Anaglyph-Red-Blue-Lens-HS029-/200569856858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2eb2e5235a

Or even these ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2pair-Red-Blue-Cyan-3D-3-Dimension-Anaglyph-Glasses-1A-/180592045500?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Women_s_Accessories&hash=item2a0c1fedbc

And then you get Clear glasses... I'm not sure if they'd work ? These ones they say are for terminator but Idk?

http://www.berezin.com/3d/images/term3d.jpg

Please help me out ASAP, I really want to use this if it's decent, And need to buy a pair of the glasses... Thoughts please?!

P.S. It actually looks good quality, I notice the colours go from normal to a greenish colour when the movie loads with the logo etc right at the start, and then has red etc all through it, looks like it'd work nicely ?

I'm really new to this 3D stuff, Need advice! I keep seein / hearing about GREEN now too? WTF Never even heard of green.... Please ADVICE ADVICE ON WHAT ONES TO BUY !

TLDR - Not sure what Glasses out of the 2 I showed are the best, Or if theres any better ones on ebay to show the "red/blue" or what ever it is in 2D to 3D Anaglyph settings ? I'm not sure what colour glasses are needed.... And I want your opinion on how it'll look for me sitting about 1 meter away from a 42" full hd tv thats not 3d? thanks.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 03. 2011 09:18

Josheh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anyone?...
Josheh [Avatar]
[Post New]
bump..
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
First off you should refer to the following information:
http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/3d-support/enu/index.jsp#3d-primer

It uses red/blue which is the old school way of doing 3d and located at the section labled "Anaglyphic 3D".

This is not the same as the realD 3d currently at the movie theatres which is based off the one below that labeled "Polarized displays & Polarized Glasses".

The current 3dtvs utilize the "Frame Sequential (Alternate Frame) Display".

The anaglyph pales in comparison to the newer realD 3d in theatres. The current 3dtvs using the newer lcd glasses do way better than the anaglyph glasses.

personally anaglyph was ok but never really worked that great for me. You get a feeling of 3d but nothing like the realD 3d in theatres...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2011 21:02

forumjip55 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2011 06:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Is it necessary to even have 3dD glasses. I am watching Tron Legacy with my LG bluray player from my computer and it is so clear, it almost loooks like 3D. I am not big on 3D and do not profess to have watched movies in 3D before, but it sure looks great ( and sounds great ) with the Powerdvd 10 Ultra. What a great purchase.