Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD MCE Plugin - Which Refresh?
Griffo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 29, 2011 22:00 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I was wondering if you could clarify which refresh rate PDVD uses when used as the MCE plugin? It's possible to have different refresh rates - i.e my desktop could be set to 60hz and MCE set to 50hz etc.

When launching, will PDVD use the desktop rate or the MCE rate?

I'm wondering if i should leave the desktop set to 24hz to play Blu-Rays in 24hz.

Thanks
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
PowerDVD will use the Desktop refresh rate/MCE refresh rate

for Blue-Ray playback 24Hz refresh rate is recommended

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Griffo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Thank you for the reply, however I do not belive that you have answered my question. You had said the "desktop refresh rate/mce refresh rate".

MCE allows you to run a different refresh rate from teh desktop. So for example, i could run the desktop at 1024x768 @60hz, and MCE at 1080p 50hz. When you launch MCE fullscreen, it changes the desktop res to the res and refresh specified in the MCE config.

So, when i launch PDVD from MCE, is it running "inside" MCE and therefore at the MCE screen res and refresh, or does it run from the desktop and inherit the desktop resolution?

Thnaks
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
because PDVD is running within MCE it uses the MCE settings

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Griffo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank You.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2011 05:02

Griffo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Further to this (and for anyone searching) the above answer appears to be incorrect.

PDVD10 appears to take the desktop refresh rate, not the MCE refresh rate.
I now have the HTPC configured to 24hz for teh desktop, and 50hz in MCE. That way TV and DVD's are played by MCE at 50hz (PAL) and PDVD launches into 24hz for BRays.